+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for unaccompanying family members

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
I had a question about medical exam requirements for unaccompanying family members.

I am outside Canada and have applied PR through Express entry for myself and have received an ITA. I have not included my spouse and 2 children on the PR application as it would have lowered by score and I would have fallen below the cutoff. However I have mentioned them as unaccompanying family members and have provided all their details.

In the list of documents it mentions that medical exam is required document for each of the unaccompanying family member. I'm wondering why is it required since my family members are not on the PR application. I may apply for them in the future, but why am I required to do a medical exam for all 4 of us at this stage?

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
I had a question about medical exam requirements for unaccompanying family members.

I am outside Canada and have applied PR through Express entry for myself and have received an ITA. I have not included my spouse and 2 children on the PR application as it would have lowered by score and I would have fallen below the cutoff. However I have mentioned them as unaccompanying family members and have provided all their details.

In the list of documents it mentions that medical exam is required document for each of the unaccompanying family member. I'm wondering why is it required since my family members are not on the PR application. I may apply for them in the future, but why am I required to do a medical exam for all 4 of us at this stage?
Hi. Can someone help with this question?

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
As they are your immediate family members, they would join you anyway in the future. Thus as per IRCC requirements, medical is required for non-accompanying family members who you eventually would sponsor in the future.

Reactions: haziqpathan

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

I had to go through the same. It is strange but it is a requirement by IRCC. Even the POF is counted with them whether they are accompanying or not.

Even if there's remedical in the future, they will also be requested.

The only thing they are exempted is biometric.

Reactions: haziqpathan