+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for PGP Family Sponsorship

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
At the time that I applied for permanent residency under spousal/common-law category, you were required to do the medical exam at the very beginning and submit the documentation with your application. I know this isn't the case now with PGP sponsorship - my understanding is that they will ask the applicant to get a medical exam at some point during the processing. But, my question is - do you think there is any harm in getting the medical done in advance?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ciantiik said:
At the time that I applied for permanent residency under spousal/common-law category, you were required to do the medical exam at the very beginning and submit the documentation with your application. I know this isn't the case now with PGP sponsorship - my understanding is that they will ask the applicant to get a medical exam at some point during the processing. But, my question is - do you think there is any harm in getting the medical done in advance?
You run a risk that you will have to redo the medicals if you are not able to land within 12 months of the test date.

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
sashali78 said:
You run a risk that you will have to redo the medicals if you are not able to land within 12 months of the test date.

Ok - thank you or that insight. My concern would be that they may also categorize this as "not following instructions" and just send the application back. We thought that it may help the process, but now I'm thinking otherwise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no point in getting the medical done in advance - that's why CIC doesn't request it. It will expire long before CIC starts looking at the results. Getting it done in advance is throwing away money. Having said that - I can't imagine CIC will reject your application if you do.

Hoping your application is already with CIC if you were planning on submitting this year. The cap has already been reached.

ciantiik

Jan 6, 2016
Thanks scylla. I think we did the application in before at least the 10,000 cap was reached (was received before 11 am on Jan. 4th). Having gone through the spousal sponsorship program, we just thought that doing the medical in advance might help facilitate things...but now I see the logic in waiting. Oh well...will hopefully just have to re-do the medical and not worry about the application being rejected.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are sponsoring our mom this year. With regard to getting the medical done, will there be an issue with the result for my mom as she is diabetic?

I mean, will that affect CIC's decision?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
planningtogo said:
We are sponsoring our mom this year. With regard to getting the medical done, will there be an issue with the result for my mom as she is diabetic?

I mean, will that affect CIC's decision?
It really depends on the severity of her condition. Typically it shouldn't result in refusal. But if she has started having serious health care problems related to her condition then it might.