+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam for My Pregnant Wife?

wallp92

Feb 27, 2020
Hello,

My question is in the title. I'm sponsoring my wife as a dependent for the eAPR application. They need her to undergo a medical exam now (with a chest xray) but she's a couple weeks pregnant. I believe an xray can't be good for the baby.

Can anyone suggest or know what can happen with that?

I appreciate your help and advice.
Thank you.

KJ261188

Jun 25, 2022
Hi. I faced a similar situation in Oct 2021. So my wife completed all the tests other than the xray which was noted as a deferral and the remaining report was submitted. Post the delivery, ircc is to be intimated and the re medical/pending medical is to be submitted along with the babys medical.

The issue is after my baby's delivery I still haven't got any communication from ircc on the way forward. Been a long time.

wallp92

Feb 27, 2020
Hi. I faced a similar situation in Oct 2021. So my wife completed all the tests other than the xray which was noted as a deferral and the remaining report was submitted. Post the delivery, ircc is to be intimated and the re medical/pending medical is to be submitted along with the babys medical.

The issue is after my baby's delivery I still haven't got any communication from ircc on the way forward. Been a long time.
Thank you for your reply.
So the application was on hold for the entire duration of your wife's pregnancy?

KJ261188

Jun 25, 2022
Yea, inface I'm struggling to have a revert from ircc. I've updated my kids passport and birth certificate as well, a couple of months ago, however there's been no response whatsoever from ircc