+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for international students

bbbbbanana

Aug 25, 2021
I am a valid visa and study permit holder.
According to IRCC website, if I stay in a foreign country for 6 months in a row then I have to take a medical exam before coming back to Canada.
I left Canada in March 28, and the flight to come back to Canada will be on Sep 25.
Do I have to take the medical exam?
How to link the results with my visa, cuz we don't have an IME number.
And what we can get from the hospital is only a piece of proof, without any testing results, is that correct?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
According to IRCC website, if I stay in a foreign country for 6 months in a row then I have to take a medical exam before coming back to Canada.
I left Canada in March 28, and the flight to come back to Canada will be on Sep 25.
And what we can get from the hospital is only a piece of proof, without any testing results, is that correct?

Yes you most likely do. You can provide the UMI number you used with your initial medicals or just ask hospital to do an upfront medical. This will generate a new UMI number for you. You can then send that to IRCC specifying your UCI number. I suggest you do the medicals asap as it takes some time for it to get processed

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Which country are you travelling from?

bbbbbanana

Aug 25, 2021
Which country are you travelling from?
Thank you very much for the reply.

Actually I'm asking this question on behalf of my friend who travels from China. Till now she doesn't receive any messages from IRCC about the visa or study permit becoming invalid, does she still need to report the UCI number to them? Or she could just take the proof of medical exam with her and show it to the officer when landing at Canada?

Really appreciate!

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you very much for the reply.

Actually I'm asking this question on behalf of my friend who travels from China. Till now she doesn't receive any messages from IRCC about the visa or study permit becoming invalid, does she still need to report the UCI number to them? Or she could just take the proof of medical exam with her and show it to the officer when landing at Canada?

Really appreciate!
IRCC says you have to wait for them to process your application and feedback to you, before attempting to travel. This makes sense, cos they need to make sure you have passed medicals before allowing into the country.

Mansarab12

Aug 26, 2021
IRCC says you have to wait for them to process your application and feedback to you, before attempting to travel. This makes sense, cos they need to make sure you have passed medicals before allowing into the country.
Hello , thank you for answering. I am in same situation, a student and will be traveling next month for second time. My medical is expired probably. Can you tell me how do i reach o IRCC with new medical ?? With a webform or email?