+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam For Express Entry. When Do They Notify?

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I am supposed to upload all my documents by January 3rd 2018. I saw on the Canadian Immigration website that for Express Entry, they will notify me when to go for the medical exam. Currently I am a resident of the US, and trouble is, that I am going to India for the whole month of November. I am wondering if they ask me to get my medical done while I am in India, will it be okay to get a medical done from one of their Panel Physicians in my town in India? or would be want me to get my medical done from the country of my current residence?

~Thanks!

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Hello,

Which program did you apply under? Likely FSW or CEC via express entry? If so, you can do an upfront medical now with your ITA (see below)
from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Get your exam before you submit your application

This is called an upfront medical exam. To get an upfront medical exam, contact a panel physician directly.

Once your medical exam is done, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you got a medical exam. Include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical they will give you an upfront medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

Attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

Good luck.

Reactions: frightenedpanda

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can get your medical from any panel physician in the world. IRCC only tells you when to get the exam.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,

I am supposed to upload all my documents by January 3rd 2018. I saw on the Canadian Immigration website that for Express Entry, they will notify me when to go for the medical exam. Currently I am a resident of the US, and trouble is, that I am going to India for the whole month of November. I am wondering if they ask me to get my medical done while I am in India, will it be okay to get a medical done from one of their Panel Physicians in my town in India? or would be want me to get my medical done from the country of my current residence?

~Thanks!
You're not supposed to WAIT for IRCC to notify you to go and get the exam. The receipt of your ITA on October 4 was basically IRCC notifying you to go and do it, along with every other activity needed for your application.

Please review the list of approved panelists and arrange your appointment ASAP (yes you should be able to do it India if that's where you want to do it, or you could just do it in the US, in the next 2 weeks): http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Hello,

Which program did you apply under? Likely FSW or CEC via express entry? If so, you can do an upfront medical now with your ITA (see below)
from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Get your exam before you submit your application

This is called an upfront medical exam. To get an upfront medical exam, contact a panel physician directly.

Once your medical exam is done, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you got a medical exam. Include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical they will give you an upfront medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

Attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

Good luck.
Oh ok! I thought they need the most recent medical history so they will notify me 30 days prior. I'll schedule the med exam today itself!

Thankyou!

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
You're not supposed to WAIT for IRCC to notify you to go and get the exam. The receipt of your ITA on October 4 was basically IRCC notifying you to go and do it, along with every other activity needed for your application.

Please review the list of approved panelists and arrange your appointment ASAP (yes you should be able to do it India if that's where you want to do it, or you could just do it in the US, in the next 2 weeks): http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Thanks for letting me know! I'll schedule one today. I completely misunderstood the instructions on the page!

pallavichauhan88

Sep 16, 2015

Can you please advice if I can do medical after I submitted my Application? I have received ITA and need to complete and upload my documents by July 25th.
I am pregnant and due in August so can not complete my medical; before July 25th.
So wanted to check if it is still a possibility to do medical after submitting the PR application?

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Hi,

~Thanks!
How much was the medical exam fee in US ?

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am in a situation.There is only one panel physician in Seattle who is booked till April and my application is due on March 11th 2019.The office of the medical center put me on wait list and asked me to upload the scheduling email from the doctor's office and that would give me an extension on m application deadline.There are no designated panel physicians in Oregon.I need to look up for California.

Has this happened to anyone before?Please guide.What are my options here?

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Hi Guys,

I am in a situation.There is only one panel physician in Seattle who is booked till April and my application is due on March 11th 2019.The office of the medical center put me on wait list and asked me to upload the scheduling email from the doctor's office and that would give me an extension on m application deadline.There are no designated panel physicians in Oregon.I need to look up for California.

Shouldnt the panel physicians give priority to you ? I heard they need to provide an appointment within 10 days or something

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Hi Guys,

Also how much is the fee?

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
I have not got that information yet.Also, the office did not say anything w.r.t prioritizing immigration requests.
Any information/lead on this will be super helpful.
If possible try the panel doc nearby Tampa FL. They have open slots for feb

Suchan

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
Thank You guys.Was able to book slot with a Los Angeles panel physician.
Please do let me know how much they are charging, FL one is 475$ + 75$ for xray