+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam for a new PR application after refusal

vivekrana22

Dec 29, 2021
Hi All,

I had received ITA for PR in June 2022 (NL PNP Program). I had done upfront medical exam in July 2022 and applied for PR (through express entry) in Aug 2022. But my application was refused/cancelled in Sep 2022 because my police certificate (at the time of application) was more than 6 months old. I had even done my biometrics by that time.

I created a new express entry profile and contacted the province to get extension on nomination certificate, which I got. I got another ITA on my new EE profile in Jan 2023.
Now, I am confused if I should again go for an upfront medical exam? I searched on IRCC portal and found that medical exams are valid for a period of 12 months. It also mentions that if you had medical exam for another type of Visa like a study or work permit then you don't need another medical exam, if applying for PR within a period of 12 months. But it doesn't mention about a subsequent PR application (after refusal for example) within 12 months.

Also, Upfront Medical Report Form (IMM 1017B) that we get after medical exam doesn't mention the EE profile number. It only has candidate details like name, date of birth, passport details etc.

Could anyone comment on this if they that faced a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.
Vivek.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All,

I had received ITA for PR in June 2022 (NL PNP Program). I had done upfront medical exam in July 2022 and applied for PR (through express entry) in Aug 2022. But my application was refused/cancelled in Sep 2022 because my police certificate (at the time of application) was more than 6 months old. I had even done my biometrics by that time.

I created a new express entry profile and contacted the province to get extension on nomination certificate, which I got. I got another ITA on my new EE profile in Jan 2023.
Now, I am confused if I should again go for an upfront medical exam? I searched on IRCC portal and found that medical exams are valid for a period of 12 months. It also mentions that if you had medical exam for another type of Visa like a study or work permit then you don't need another medical exam, if applying for PR within a period of 12 months. But it doesn't mention about a subsequent PR application (after refusal for example) within 12 months.

Also, Upfront Medical Report Form (IMM 1017B) that we get after medical exam doesn't mention the EE profile number. It only has candidate details like name, date of birth, passport details etc.

Could anyone comment on this if they that faced a similar situation?

Thanks in advance.
Vivek.
If your current medicals are valid, technically you cannot do another one before they expire or unless IRCC request a new one. So you can submit your old medicals and then wait for a new request. You can contact the Panel Physician once to confirm this.

vivekrana22

Dec 29, 2021
If your current medicals are valid, technically you cannot do another one before they expire or unless IRCC request a new one. So you can submit your old medicals and then wait for a new request. You can contact the Panel Physician once to confirm this.
Hi Maverick, thanks for your reply.

I had actually contacted the center where my medicals were done, but they replied that only IRCC can comment on that.
And as per IRCC medicals are valid for 1 year (although there's some ambiguity on reuse of medical report after refusal).
As you suggested, I will go ahead and submit my old medicals.

Thanks again.
Cheers!