+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Email received without any changes in Express Entry profile

imanhedeshy

Oct 8, 2022
Hi,
I received this email today after submitting my Express Entry profile two months ago.

La version française suit la version anglaise.
If you are a representative, please let your clients know about this important information.

Exemption from Having to Complete an Additional Immigration Medical Exam
Dear client CAN************,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has put in place a temporary public policy that exempts some low-risk, in-Canada foreign nationals from having to complete an additional immigration medical exam as part of their application for permanent residence or for a permanent resident visa.
If you have completed an Immigration Medical exam (IME) within the last 5 years, include your IME or UMI number when you submit your online application for permanent residency. IRCC will process your permanent resident application with your previous medical exam results and notify you of next steps.
If you have not previously completed an IME, please complete one before you submit your application.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Now, I had an Express Entry profile a couple of years before too, but I didn't receive any email asking for a medical exam then.

What should I do now? Should I go for the exam?
Why did they even ask for a medical exam this time and not the last time?
And, I have also added my wife to the profile, so if it is needed to do the medical exam, should she also go for it or is it gonna be only me?

I appreciate your help and thank you in advance.

Cheers

Last edited: