+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam during a war in Ukraine

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
Hi. A short story: EE PNP application, AOR July 10 2020, medical exam has been passed in advance in March, 2020 in order to apply for Work Permit too. But because of COVID both my wife and me stayed in Ukraine. After 8 months of waiting without any news IRCC sent us a request to pass medical exam one more time, which we did in couple days. Then again a long waiting, and a sudden Russian invasion on February, 24 2022. Both me and my wife had to leave Kyiv because of active bombing and move to a small town nearby. And on March, 7 2022 another strike was landed, but this time not from Russia, but from IRCC: they asked me for the third medical exam with 30 days terms or else my application might be cancelled.

In Ukraine, we have only 2 places where the exam might be passed - one in Kyiv and another in Lviv. As far as I'm aware, both are closed due to war. And even if they would be opened, there is no public transportation now in Ukraine, and we wouldn't be able to reach any of this hospitals without the risk for our lives. But I have 30 days to pass it, OK.

Of course, right in the day of receiving the request, I've created 2 Web Forms (one regular and one crisis Web Form) with the explanation of the situation and asked IRCC for an exemption or at least for postponing the exam till the end of the war. But as you might guess, no answer till now, and less than 2 weeks left for the application cancellation.

Thank you IRCC for your support in such a hard period, what can I say.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. A short story: EE PNP application, AOR July 10 2020, medical exam has been passed in advance in March, 2020 in order to apply for Work Permit too. But because of COVID both my wife and me stayed in Ukraine. After 8 months of waiting without any news IRCC sent us a request to pass medical exam one more time, which we did in couple days. Then again a long waiting, and a sudden Russian invasion on February, 24 2022. Both me and my wife had to leave Kyiv because of active bombing and move to a small town nearby. And on March, 7 2022 another strike was landed, but this time not from Russia, but from IRCC: they asked me for the third medical exam with 30 days terms or else my application might be cancelled.

In Ukraine, we have only 2 places where the exam might be passed - one in Kyiv and another in Lviv. As far as I'm aware, both are closed due to war. And even if they would be opened, there is no public transportation now in Ukraine, and we wouldn't be able to reach any of this hospitals without the risk for our lives. But I have 30 days to pass it, OK.

Of course, right in the day of receiving the request, I've created 2 Web Forms (one regular and one crisis Web Form) with the explanation of the situation and asked IRCC for an exemption or at least for postponing the exam till the end of the war. But as you might guess, no answer till now, and less than 2 weeks left for the application cancellation.

How long ago did you submit a webform through the crisis path? I definitely think that was the right thing to do. They are flooded with requests right now.

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
How long ago did you submit a webform through the crisis path? I definitely think that was the right thing to do. They are flooded with requests right now.
In the day of receiving the request, i.e., on March 7. I understand that they are flooded with requests, but I don't understand how they can ask for medical exam with 30 days deadline in this situation in the first place. You see, if they cancel my application in 30 days, and then answer me in 31 days with a positive answer, the application won't be restored anyway.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In the day of receiving the request, i.e., on March 7. I understand that they are flooded with requests, but I don't understand how they can ask for medical exam with 30 days deadline in this situation in the first place. You see, if they cancel my application in 30 days, and then answer me in 31 days with a positive answer, the application won't be restored anyway.
I don't actually agree with the last part of your post.

People ask for extensions here for various reasons all of the time. They don't always get an answer within the 30 days but this doesn't mean the application is automatically canceled on day 30 (even if a positive response comes on day 31). People sometimes miss medical requests and submit their medical late (sometimes months late). IRCC doesn't auto-cancel on day 30.

I would send a follow up (regular) webform. I would say in that webform again that you are requesting an exemption from completing another medical due to the situation in Ukraine and that you are asking for your application to be finalized using the previous medical. I would then add that if this request cannot be granted, you are requesting a 90 day extension (on top of the 30 days) to complete the medical. Might as well send the same follow up through the crisis line.

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
I don't actually agree with the last part of your post.

People ask for extensions here for various reasons all of the time. They don't always get an answer within the 30 days but this doesn't mean the application is automatically canceled on day 30 (even if a positive response comes on day 31). People sometimes miss medical requests and submit their medical late (sometimes months late). IRCC doesn't auto-cancel on day 30.

I would send a follow up (regular) webform. I would say in that webform again that you are requesting an exemption from completing another medical due to the situation in Ukraine and that you are asking for your application to be finalized using the previous medical. I would then add that if this request cannot be granted, you are requesting a 90 day extension (on top of the 30 days) to complete the medical. Might as well send the same follow up through the crisis line.
Who knows. My first application was canceled as incomplete in couple hours after I provide requested documents. I don't really believe in a common sense of IRCC.

thrjobswpg

Aug 9, 2021

I would suggest you talk to your relative in Canada (if any). they should contact with their local MP and request the extension with IRCC on behalf of you. Its an easy process where you need to provide your name, application number and other info.
Otherwise you have to wait for your webform inquiry. Im confident that they will extend your application anyways due to your circumstances.
Good luck.

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
I would suggest you talk to your relative in Canada (if any). they should contact with their local MP and request the extension with IRCC on behalf of you. Its an easy process where you need to provide your name, application number and other info.
Otherwise you have to wait for your webform inquiry. Im confident that they will extend your application anyways due to your circumstances.
Good luck.
Thanks for your support. Unfortunately I have no relatives in Canada, so the only way for me is to wait.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Thanks for your support. Unfortunately I have no relatives in Canada, so the only way for me is to wait.
Why not travel to Poland or some nearby country? They will acknowledge the web form on your application after around 30 days. I would suggest to try to call them.

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
Why not travel to Poland or some nearby country? They will acknowledge the web form on your application after around 30 days. I would suggest to try to call them.
Because men are forbidden to leave the country till April, 25, and this term might be prolonged.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Because men are forbidden to leave the country till April, 25, and this term might be prolonged.
I forgot about that one. Try to call IRCC and talk to the agent. I had a really good experience with them over the phone and they are very helpful. They even have a special phone line for people from Ukraine so you should be able to get around this somehow. Hopefully this f**** madness will end shortly in Ukraine.

Reactions: Andoku

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
I forgot about that one. Try to call IRCC and talk to the agent. I had a really good experience with them over the phone and they are very helpful. They even have a special phone line for people from Ukraine so you should be able to get around this somehow. Hopefully this f**** madness will end shortly in Ukraine.
Thank you, I'll try to call them if won't get an answer somewhere on the next week.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Thank you, I'll try to call them if won't get an answer somewhere on the next week.
If you will call IRCC then there will be an automated message at the beginning. They will tell you the number to call about the situation in Ukraine and the help you can get. Otherwise you might have to call them several times like 4/5 times before you will transferred to the agent. You can also try to call very early morning their time 9am. In Ireland it is 12:30pm so you will have to adjust the time for yourself. Download TextNow app, but a proper one, I am using it to call them and it works great. You might have to switch the location of the App Store or Google Play store to download this app. It has a purple icon not a blue one.

Andoku

Apr 1, 2020
If you will call IRCC then there will be an automated message at the beginning. They will tell you the number to call about the situation in Ukraine and the help you can get. Otherwise you might have to call them several times like 4/5 times before you will transferred to the agent. You can also try to call very early morning their time 9am. In Ireland it is 12:30pm so you will have to adjust the time for yourself. Download TextNow app, but a proper one, I am using it to call them and it works great. You might have to switch the location of the App Store or Google Play store to download this app. It has a purple icon not a blue one.
Wow, that's a very helpful information, thanks a lot!

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Wow, that's a very helpful information, thanks a lot!
You might have a similar app TextNow in a European app market for Google or Apple however it has a blue icon and they are charging money to call - the other one that I am talking about has a very similar icon but it is purple :) just change the location of your store temporarily to US ;) download the app and then you can change again.

May 22, 2024
Это верно. Из надежных источников мы знаем, что компания действительно финансирует войну.