+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam confusion

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi, my name is Rohit and soon I am going to apply for my PR under CEC. I just went through this article https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

I went to India on 19th Feb from Toronto to Delhi and back on 17th of August. If I count the month and days, it is comes as 5 months and 29 days if I count from 19th feb to 17th August. If I count only month as Feb to August, it is 6 months. I am confused if I am exempt under this situation as:

**have not left Canada for more than 6 months in the last year to live in a country that has a higher incidence of a serious communicable disease than Canada, as outlined in the list of countries requiring an**

Please somebody helps and what will be the best under this situation?

aatifbaig

Feb 2, 2018
5 months and 29 days are almost equal to 6 months. If I were you, I will not take the risk and probably do the medical exam again. It's always better to have all the right documents and not give IRCC any reason to delay the process.