+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam completed, how long is the wait?

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
My husband is from Vietnam. He just completed his medical exam. How long does it usually take Canada or the Singapore Visa Office to receive the results via eMedical? When should we be expecting results? The IRCC website states that it takes 3 months to get results but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten results sooner?

Thank you in advance for the responses. It is greatly appreciated!

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Just remember that in general the process takes 12 months. There will be periods of months when you won't hear anything.
Hello, need information on my query!

I had applied trv for my baby and brought him along to Canada in Feb 2018. Applied for his trv extension which got approved, during which cic asked for e-medicals of our baby and so we got the e-medicals done in August 2018 and submitted to cic.

meanwhile, we also applied for his PR sponsorship in July 2018. Received AOR in november and sponsorship approval in december.
we then received the e-medicals request once again from cic for our son.

not sure how to proceed, we visited the panel physician. they say that since we already got it done in aug, we can upload the copy of the same for PR application. So I sent the copy of e-medical to cic through the webform. they replied me stating that they received the e-medicals and will be forwarding it to the concerned office.

My question is, how and when would I know whether they accepted the e-medicals that I sent? Would it be updated on my cic account?
and in case they dont accept it, would they send me a mail or message to say that I need to get it done again? I'm a bit confused now, and worried as well.

will appreciate if someone could answer..

Aziz123

Oct 8, 2018
HI e-one, my parents medical test going to expire and they request me to pay RPRF fee i don't know, are they again request me to medical again or now just they sent me ppr ? any one know pls tell me...

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
HI e-one, my parents medical test going to expire and they request me to pay RPRF fee i don't know, are they again request me to medical again or now just they sent me ppr ? any one know pls tell me...
Hi ,
if they ask you something just do it , the sooner you do it the better you finish with your application

Reactions: Aziz123

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
check your application status.....it will be updated.....check after 2 weeks
Thank you! We checked on the cic and it now says that he has passed his medical exam. The ECAS says that medical has been received. Do you know the usual time frame before they request for his passport?

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Thank you! We checked on the cic and it now says that he has passed his medical exam. The ECAS says that medical has been received. Do you know the usual time frame before they request for his passport?
Hi,
After how many days of submitting your medicals, did you receive the update that you have passed medicals?

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
Hi,
After how many days of submitting your medicals, did you receive the update that you have passed medicals?
We completed and submitted the medical exam on Dec 12th and the status of CIC changed to “you have passed the medical” on Dec 19th. It took one week for us. Now we are just waiting for the PPR. Our ECAS says that our medical has been received. I’m not sure how long it will be before we get an email for a PPR or a paperwork transfer email? I’m assuming 4-6 weeks?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
We completed and submitted the medical exam on Dec 12th and the status of CIC changed to “you have passed the medical” on Dec 19th. It took one week for us. Now we are just waiting for the PPR. Our ECAS says that our medical has been received. I’m not sure how long it will be before we get an email for a PPR or a paperwork transfer email? I’m assuming 4-6 weeks?
Average is 12 months from when the application was received, regardless of when you do the medical exam. You didn't post when you applied, but just count 12 months from then.

Vivitty

Dec 13, 2018
Average is 12 months from when the application was received, regardless of when you do the medical exam. You didn't post when you applied, but just count 12 months from then.
Thank you for your response, the application was received on July 4th 2018.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you for your response, the application was received on July 4th 2018.
Then you can expect to be done sometime in June or July.