+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam - Cancer patient India (Please Help !!)

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,
My mom is cancer patient since March 2020. Her treatment was completed in Feb 2021 and fully recovered however we recently found that she has lymph again. It is at initial stage and there is nothing to worry. She will have to undergo from small surgery and few settings of chemo and radiations.

Since she was fully recovered, we have applied for visitor visa ( reason is I am expecting in Feb 2022) Now, we are in process of visa and I am worried for her medical exams.
She will recover by end of the Dec 2021 (according to doctor) however, her medical is scheduled next month which will be somewhere middle of he Chemotherapy.

Please guide/advice if anyone had similar situation and is it going to be concern for medical since she will be fully recovered before she fly and of course, if she is not in condition then she wont be flying.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
My mom is cancer patient since March 2020. Her treatment was completed in Feb 2021 and fully recovered however we recently found that she has lymph again. It is at initial stage and there is nothing to worry. She will have to undergo from small surgery and few settings of chemo and radiations.

Since she was fully recovered, we have applied for visitor visa ( reason is I am expecting in Feb 2022) Now, we are in process of visa and I am worried for her medical exams.
She will recover by end of the Dec 2021 (according to doctor) however, her medical is scheduled next month which will be somewhere middle of he Chemotherapy.

Please guide/advice if anyone had similar situation and is it going to be concern for medical since she will be fully recovered before she fly and of course, if she is not in condition then she wont be flying.
I would personally withdraw the TRV application and reapply again once she has finished the treatment and can take the medical. I don't think it's a good idea to get the medical done while she is in the middle of chemo.

Hope she feels better soon.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

She must declare her ongoing cancer treatment during the medical. Would add that it is probably not advisable for her to travel given covid so soon after treatment ending due to the higher risk of contracting covid and getting seriously ill. She may also have a very big problem getting health insurance to cover her in Canada so soon after treatment and given her health it would not be advisable to travel without health insurance that would provide adequate coverage for anything potentially related to the cancer or chemo/radiation side effects. Insurance companies try to get out of paying by looking into your previous medical history. You’ll need to read the fine print of policies.

Keepsthefaith

Sep 17, 2014
Hi,

Hi @AiVi. I know this was an old post, did you pursue your Mom's application for visitor's visa? We are in the same boat. I applied my Mom's application for Super Visa and just got a medical a request after a major operation...

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
I am also in kind of a similar situation. My father (Age 70) is having multiple myeloma Cancer since 2013 (10 years now) but he is able to do his work on his own. He has done 3 chemotherapy treatments over the last 10 years and completed one treatment last week. I am planning to apply Super visa for him and the upfront medical is booked for next week. Is it better to declare everything regarding cancer in the Medical? I already got medical insurance for him which does not cover pre-existing conditions.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am also in kind of a similar situation. My father (Age 70) is having multiple myeloma Cancer since 2013 (10 years now) but he is able to do his work on his own. He has done 3 chemotherapy treatments over the last 10 years and completed one treatment last week. I am planning to apply Super visa for him and the upfront medical is booked for next week. Is it better to declare everything regarding cancer in the Medical? I already got medical insurance for him which does not cover pre-existing conditions.
Yes please don't risk to hold anything. IRCC will get to know once it reaches their medical panel.

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Thanks for the response. I am so worried that my father will fail the medical exam. I applied for his visitor visa and it got rejected once. Now I am applying for his super visa. I think this is my only chance. I am an only child. They are doing the medical exam this week. Fingers crossed.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for the response. I am so worried that my father will fail the medical exam. I applied for his visitor visa and it got rejected once. Now I am applying for his super visa. I think this is my only chance. I am an only child. They are doing the medical exam this week. Fingers crossed.
All the best. I had heard that IRCC usually ask for the equivalency of treatment (if going on) as compared to Canadian market. If it is a burden on economy they may reject it, but still you never know. All the very best again and just leave everything on God but don't hide anything, stick with the truth.

Reactions: Didzsam

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Was your upfront medical approved?

Reactions: Mitul Tailor

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hi @AiVi. I know this was an old post, did you pursue your Mom's application for visitor's visa? We are in the same boat. I applied my Mom's application for Super Visa and just got a medical a request after a major operation...
@Keepsthefaith My parents have upfront medical exam next week. My mother had a major surgery 3 months back. Can you confirm how did it went for you. Will help others in the same boat.