+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam-Applied Visitor Record

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hey folks,

I applied for a Visitor Record and got approved for the 6 months extension I requested in my application.

IRCC sent me a letter for a Medical Exam. My question is, Is it a new policy of IRCC that we have to do a Medical Exam even the approved visitor Record is just 6 months? As far as I know, you will only do a Medical Exam if you want an extension of more than 6 months. Correct me if I am wrong.

I want to think that this Medical Exam request is for my PR and Openwork Permit application. My heart is racing every single day and I know I am not alone in this stressful journey. I submitted my PR and Openwork Permit on January 2021 then received a Temporary AOR by February and that's the last update we got.

Thank you in advance and your help is highly appreciated.

dinneratjoes

Dec 17, 2020
Hi there! Just wanted to ask if you got a second medical request for your PR/Visitor extension?

I'm in a similar situation to you now. Got a medical request for visitor and then got one for pr

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hey, I did not do a second medical exam for my PR.

If your medical result is still valid you do not have to do the test again.Did IRCC actually send you a medical form or just the generic email about the medical? If it is the latter, you do not have to do the test.

I called IRCC to double check everything and I was told that I do not have to because IRCC have the result and it is still valid.

Another thing to do is go to On-line Service and type your Application number. Medical Passed will be shown if IRCC has your valid medical result, or shall I say accepted it.

Feel free to call IRCC if that will give you peace of mind. Just be patient of keep calling

dinneratjoes

Dec 17, 2020
Thanks for your reply! Yeah my previous medical is still in progress, so things are very confusing. Calling IRCC is my best bet I think. Thanks again!

AlishaK

May 7, 2024
Hi All,
I am in kind of in a similar situation.
I have got medical request for my spousal PR (scheduled for 15th May)
Also I need to apply for Visitor Record in order to extend my stay in Canada.
So, my date of medical exam is 15th May but I need to apply for visitor record by 8th May (at least 30 days before it expires)
My question is, Will the same medicals be used for my visitor record as well or will i be needed to give another medical exam for visitor record eventually?
Please help!