+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam after ITA

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
Hi All,

I am still kinda new to the page, I recently received Feb 5th and I wanted to know how to proceed with the Medical Exam. The Candian immigration website points out that if I am going to the medical exam after submitting the application, I have to wait for instructions ( I haven't received any), also it states that I have to take it within 30 days of receiving instructions. Can I still book an appointment with one of the Panel Physicians and proceed to take the medical exam even though I did not get any instructions? I Apologize if question has been asked earlier. Thanks in advance!

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
Yes, If you have received your ITA, you can take that and go for the medicals
So, proof of receiving ITA be enough for taking the Medical Exam? Also, I live in the US, does this change the process in any way? I apologize if I am asking stupid questions, I am still kinda new this.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I live in the US as well. This does not change anything. You will still need to take your medical exam. What the doctor gives you is your UMI number which is uploaded with your documents as part of the application. In my case, I took the exam after I got my ITA, I did not wait for any instruction to do so.

vnavin8

Jan 7, 2020
I live in the US as well. This does not change anything. You will still need to take your medical exam. What the doctor gives you is your UMI number which is uploaded with your documents as part of the application. In my case, I took the exam after I got my ITA, I did not wait for any instruction to do so.

Awesome, thanks!