+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical during pregnancy

Manpreet23557

Jul 18, 2023
Hello everyone,
I’m in canada & my family ( wife & daughter) in india waiting for our final decision of PR. My wife & daughter’s medical expired. Immigration requested to do it again & this time my wife is pregnant (been 4 months of pregnancy ). Worring, if it would be cause of delay in process. Will office delay our process? Please suggest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I’m in canada & my family ( wife & daughter) in india waiting for our final decision of PR. My wife & daughter’s medical expired. Immigration requested to do it again & this time my wife is pregnant (been 4 months of pregnancy ). Worring, if it would be cause of delay in process. Will office delay our process? Please suggest
Her application will not be processed if she doesn’t redo the medical and it is passed.

Manpreet23557

Jul 18, 2023
She needs to redo the medical and x-ray. Once completed and passed, the application will continue to be processed.
Thank you your response. Overall, pregnancy don’t have any negative impact on our file & it doesn’t matter for immigration ? If medical passed.

falcon500

Jul 17, 2023
You may need to contact them and explain the situation. They will understand and it wont be the first principal application may not undergo a medical checkup because of pregnancy.

As others suggested xray is NOT recommended for pregnant woman. Your wife can complete the medical once she gives birth. Then, they will pick up the application where it was left off.

Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy and good luck with the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No but she will have to do an x-ray which is usually not advised during pregnancy.
unnecessary x-rays are not advised but most doctors would consider this as necessary to be able to reunite a family. Would always suggest discussing with your doctor. You can get exposure to more radiation than an x-ray doing many things.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may need to contact them and explain the situation. They will understand and it wont be the first principal application may not undergo a medical checkup because of pregnancy.

As others suggested xray is NOT recommended for pregnant woman. Your wife can complete the medical once she gives birth. Then, they will pick up the application where it was left off.

Congratulations on your wife's pregnancy and good luck with the application.
The application won’t be completed if the wife doesn’t complete the medical even if it isn’t the principal applicant. An unnecessary x-ray is not recommended in pregnancy but given the situation most doctors would suggest doing the x-ray. You are exposed to the same radiation by doing many other activities. People should consult their doctor about whether they want to do their x-ray or not but x-rays are not contraindicated during pregnancy.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
Your wife will have to complete her medical and a chest x-ray for the file to be approved. You will also have to consider that there are wait times to receive provincial healthcare in many provinces. She may have to wait up to 3 months to qualify for provincial healthcare in some provinces which may mean she doesn’t have health coverage during labour and delivery or the end of pregnancy when you see your doctor weekly. Once in Canada she and the baby will also have to meet the residency requirement to qualify for provincial healthcare so she would also have to be planning to remain in Canada and in the specific province. The residency requirement to qualify for provincial healthcare varies depending on the province.