Medical - Diabetic

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
@denzrambo @Jimmysuperfly @Nadiametwally @appar I just did my HbA1c today and it was 8.5, diabetic for two years. Does uncontrolled glucose levels will be an issue ? It increased from 6.8 to 8.5, changed the tablets and now the fasting and PP levels are under control but the three months average is bad. Appearing for medicals shortly. Please let me know your experiences, didn't found a similar question in other threads.
Yes it becomes an issue...you will have to control to be within range.if you're planning for next 3 months to do ure medical then just manage.they will take serum creatine and you have to be in range..sometimes they might ask for further test and sometimes not...
Diabetes - Canada.ca PDFhttps://www.canada.ca › imei_diabetes

Last edited:
Reactions: Hchadda

Jimmysuperfly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
S
@denzrambo @Jimmysuperfly @Nadiametwally @appar I just did my HbA1c today and it was 8.5, diabetic for two years. Does uncontrolled glucose levels will be an issue ? It increased from 6.8 to 8.5, changed the tablets and now the fasting and PP levels are under control but the three months average is bad. Appearing for medicals shortly. Please let me know your experiences, didn't found a similar question in other threads.
So long as you make it known to the panel physician during your medicals it shouldn't be an issue. Ofcourse they mightcarry out more test bcos of d high HbA1c figure. I will advice you go with a letter from your personal/family doctor

Feb 21, 2019
Hi All. I have been Type-1 Diabetic for the last 13 years and living under Insulin since then. However, by the grace of Almighty, I am doing well with regular exercise, balanced diet, prescribed Insulin and periodic health check-ups. My other diagnostics are within safe limits such as S.Creatinine, SGPT, Lipid Profiles, Blood Cultures and so on. If I can estimate the cost of health care for me in Bangladesh, it is roughly not more than 1000 CAD per year. Now my question is, "Is there any possibility in VISA rejection upon medical examinations for Express Entry with the kind of medical condition I represent?" Thanks in advance for your genuine reply.

naveeng7

Sep 7, 2020
Hi Friends ,

My wife had a received a PR Invite and she is adding me for PR .... On undergoing the medicle examination , i was identified as diabetc and i informed the Panel doctor that i wasnt aware of the same , my sugar count is 200 + ..... will this affect my PR ? is diabetic inadmissible ? I consulted my family doctor and she suggested a controlled diet and put more weight to exercises .....?

naveeng7

Sep 7, 2020
Hi All. I have been Type-1 Diabetic for the last 13 years and living under Insulin since then. However, by the grace of Almighty, I am doing well with regular exercise, balanced diet, prescribed Insulin and periodic health check-ups. My other diagnostics are within safe limits such as S.Creatinine, SGPT, Lipid Profiles, Blood Cultures and so on. If I can estimate the cost of health care for me in Bangladesh, it is roughly not more than 1000 CAD per year. Now my question is, "Is there any possibility in VISA rejection upon medical examinations for Express Entry with the kind of medical condition I represent?" Thanks in advance for your genuine reply.
Hi Skkhan ... Iam curious , Please let me know if your Medicles were cleared ? Most of the cases diabetic should not be taken as an account of inadmisability ..

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Hi Friends,

I have diabetic for last 5 years. I am wondering whether is it required to disclose to at the time of the medical test.

Can someone explain to me what I should do?

Thank You
Yes, do disclose it, do not hide it. Like other's have mentioned, it will not cause a rejection BUT if you hide it and they find out about it (which they will) then you can kiss Canada goodbye.

Being diabetic or hypertensive (like me) is not that uncommon, they are more concerned about transmissible diseases and such. They might ask for additional tests or they might not, it depends, a small delay is not that big of a deal as compared to a rejection due to falsifying your records.

Don't be too concerned, be honest and everything will work out well in the end.

Good luck and god bless!!

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
It’s no problem at all and not inadmissible. I’m type 1 diabetic and medicals approved with no issues - don’t worry but you will need it disclosed and your current condition (bloods etc) on your medical report!

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
It’s no problem at all and not inadmissible. I’m type 1 diabetic and medicals approved with no issues - don’t worry but you will need it disclosed and your current condition (bloods etc) on your medical report!
Hi
Can you please share whats your age and what was ur hba1c when u got approved without any tests?. I am in same boat(type1) applying for eAPR. Did medical test and panel doctor said all ok in all tests. sugar in good control. But i don't know what next.
thanks

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi
Can you please share whats your age and what was ur hba1c when u got approved without any tests?. I am in same boat(type1) applying for eAPR. Did medical test and panel doctor said all ok in all tests. sugar in good control. But i don't know what next.
thanks
Sure, no problem happy to help as I was quite stressed at the time! Hba1c was 7.4 and I was 27. Really isn’t an issue so don’t worry!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, do disclose it, do not hide it. Like other's have mentioned, it will not cause a rejection BUT if you hide it and they find out about it (which they will) then you can kiss Canada goodbye.

Being diabetic or hypertensive (like me) is not that uncommon, they are more concerned about transmissible diseases and such. They might ask for additional tests or they might not, it depends, a small delay is not that big of a deal as compared to a rejection due to falsifying your records.

Don't be too concerned, be honest and everything will work out well in the end.

Good luck and god bless!!
Canada is concerned with both transmissible disease and expensive diseases to treat.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Disagree that all type 1 diabetics will be approved. All depends about the insulin usage because insulin is expensive in Canada, whether diabetes is well controlled and whether there are any other health issues. If you are a brittle diabetic and are hospitalized often then there is a good chance you may be inadmissible. If you require a high tech monitoring device and quite a lot of insulin that could push you over the expense limit. Diabetics should also be aware that testing supplies may not be covered by provincial policies and Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare program. You can bring a 3 month supply of medication with you but finding a job with extended medical benefits will be important. There are families in Canada that struggle to cover the costs of diabetes supplies.

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Disagree that all type 1 diabetics will be approved. All depends about the insulin usage because insulin is expensive in Canada, whether diabetes is well controlled and whether there are any other health issues. If you are a brittle diabetic and are hospitalized often then there is a good chance you may be inadmissible. If you require a high tech monitoring device and quite a lot of insulin that could push you over the expense limit. Diabetics should also be aware that testing supplies may not be covered by provincial policies and Canada doesn’t have a national pharmacare program. You can bring a 3 month supply of medication with you but finding a job with extended medical benefits will be important. There are families in Canada that struggle to cover the costs of diabetes supplies.
Lol I’m literally on all the high tech devices, my supplies are very expensive. Do some research and you’ll see that provinces have programmes in place to cover their costs (in Ontario you pay 20% of the cost of supplies). Didn’t say that all type 1s will be approved but was responding to the concerned post who stated their bloods were good. Type 1 with complications may cause an issue, but it is not an inadmissible condition by itself.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Lol I’m literally on all the high tech devices, my supplies are very expensive. Do some research and you’ll see that provinces have programmes in place to cover their costs (in Ontario you pay 20% of the cost of supplies). Didn’t say that all type 1s will be approved but was responding to the concerned post who stated their bloods were good. Type 1 with complications may cause an issue, but it is not an inadmissible condition by itself.
Hi
I have one questions related to Medical pass as u had already covered this path.. Does the Medical pass for your case took long time than normal cases or it was just in similar range as others.. I am wondering if people are getting Medicap Exam Pass result in say 1.5months right now, will my case of T1D but but hba1c etc in control will come in similar timeframe or does this goes for some next level scrutiny that takes 2-3 more months just for Medical Exam pass?. Thanks..

Dulip

Mar 9, 2021
HI All. I have diabetis from 2018 & im taking madicine till date & its type 1. My 3 months sugar level is 5.8 & my pressure is normal as per the panel doctor. I gave my medical last month & waiting for an answer. Kindly let me know your thoughts.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
HI All. I have diabetis from 2018 & im taking madicine till date & its type 1. My 3 months sugar level is 5.8 & my pressure is normal as per the panel doctor. I gave my medical last month & waiting for an answer. Kindly let me know your thoughts.
its excellent no problem at all. Just make sure ur creatinine levels are in normal range. As 2018 is just 1-2 years and in good control, its NO worry at all. Just be honest when going for panel doc. he will test for creatinine and will pas. NO WORRIES. Enjoy!!