+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical - Diabetic

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Hi Friends,

I have diabetic for last 5 years. I am wondering whether is it required to disclose to at the time of the medical test.

Can someone explain to me what I should do?

Thank You

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Yes you must disclose it. Diabetes will not make you inadmissible so there is no point in hiding it.

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Yes you must disclose it. Diabetes will not make you inadmissible so there is no point in hiding it.
Hi thanks for the reply.

Based on the research I did in online, it will drag my PR process by months. Is there any accuracy of this?

Again thanks for the comment

Nadiametwally

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Hi Friends,

I have diabetic for last 5 years. I am wondering whether is it required to disclose to at the time of the medical test.

Thank You
You can't hide it anyway as the urine test will show it plus you will sign a consent that you haven t any desease so if the discover that you are hidding it, it s big problem

Reactions: Hchadda

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Hi Friends,

Thank You
I had diabetes too..just disclose it and let them know if u take any medicines.They will take serum creatine and see if it's normal.

Jimmysuperfly

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
I am diabetic too. I was worried about it affecting my application but after extensive research on this forum i am now calm. One has to disclose that's just the long and short of it.

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
Hi Friend

Will it affect my time line ? I mean, by additional period due to this?
Nope.when you're doing upfront mention you're diabetic.they will do the test and upload the result when you go for medicals itself..my medical passed in a week

rajesh1986

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Nope.when you're doing upfront mention you're diabetic.they will do the test and upload the result when you go for medicals itself..my medical passed in a week
My Friend,

If you do not mind, can you tell me what is this upfront medical?

And at what stage I can do it?

I have not yet received ITA. Waiting with 449.

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
My Friend,

If you do not mind, can you tell me what is this upfront medical?

And at what stage I can do it?

I have not yet received ITA. Waiting with 449.

so once you receive you're ITA you will have to get upfront medical done.they wont send any special letter for that.when you contact the panel office or hospital they might send you a letter to generally describe you're health,scan it and send it back to them etc or they might ask all this when you see the doc.you mention you're condition medicines etc.they will do additional test based on the conditions like the test i mentioned before.

Last edited:

TechFalcon

Nov 10, 2018
@denzrambo @Jimmysuperfly @Nadiametwally @appar I just did my HbA1c today and it was 8.5, diabetic for two years. Does uncontrolled glucose levels will be an issue ? It increased from 6.8 to 8.5, changed the tablets and now the fasting and PP levels are under control but the three months average is bad. Appearing for medicals shortly. Please let me know your experiences, didn't found a similar question in other threads.