+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Conditions For PR

hm21

Oct 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for PR with spouse, me being primary applicant. After we received ITA, we got a good news of my wife being pregnant. As per the process, we completed the medical and deferred X-Ray for my wife until birth(due date is June'20). This would keep our application on hold as expected.
Now, the problem is my work permit(and my wife's as well) is expiring in couple of months. I understand i can apply for bridging work permit until my PR gets processed and finalised. Questions:
1. Would I and my wife be eligible for bridging work permit with above situation.
2. Would my wife have to go through medical again for bridging work permit(if yes, X-Ray would be deferred again, what would be my next steps).
3. How long would IRCC typically take to process my PR after birth of my child.

Thanks a lot in advance. :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have applied for PR with spouse, me being primary applicant. After we received ITA, we got a good news of my wife being pregnant. As per the process, we completed the medical and deferred X-Ray for my wife until birth(due date is June'20). This would keep our application on hold as expected.
Now, the problem is my work permit(and my wife's as well) is expiring in couple of months. I understand i can apply for bridging work permit until my PR gets processed and finalised. Questions:
1. Would I and my wife be eligible for bridging work permit with above situation.

Only the principal applicant is eligible for a bridging open work permit (BOWP), but a spouse can apply for a spouse open work permit based on the PA´s BOWP. Both applications can be submitted at the same time.

2. Would my wife have to go through medical again for bridging work permit(if yes, X-Ray would be deferred again, what would be my next steps).

If she requires a medical for a temporary work permit, then yes. If not, then no. You haven´t indicated if your spouse is already in Canada or not, if she has held a work permit previously, what country she´s from, what work she does, etc.

3. How long would IRCC typically take to process my PR after birth of my child.
Don´t know.

hm21

Oct 25, 2019
Thanks jes_ON for your help.
She is holding open work permit(as a dependent spouse) which expires same date as mine and is currently not working. She is already in Canada for about 11 months(completing 1 year in January). And we went through medical together in Feb'18 as part of work permit process. Her home country is India and she is not working currently.
If she needs medical for spouse open work permit, how to deal with that since again she cant go through X-Ray. Any Suggestions how to deal with this.

Thanks Again!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks jes_ON for your help.
She is holding open work permit(as a dependent spouse) which expires same date as mine and is currently not working. She is already in Canada for about 11 months(completing 1 year in January). And we went through medical together in Feb'18 as part of work permit process. Her home country is India and she is not working currently.
If she needs medical for spouse open work permit, how to deal with that since again she cant go through X-Ray. Any Suggestions how to deal with this.
Since she would be renewing from within Canada (and not working with vulnearable populations), I don´t believe she would need another medical for that. Hopefully others can confirm. You can always post the question in the Temporary Foreign Workers forum.

hm21

Oct 25, 2019
Since she would be renewing from within Canada (and not working with vulnearable populations), I don´t believe she would need another medical for that. Hopefully others can confirm. You can always post the question in the Temporary Foreign Workers forum.
Thanks a lot for your quick responses! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also review with you doctor or midwife whether an x-ray would be a good idea to try to get PR as soon as possible. The radiation you receive is less than taking a flight and you have a lead vest. It is something you should consider.