Kghimire

Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone has their own story in Canada. Some succeed quickly and some wait for years, it depends upon profession, individual quality and to the some extent luck as well.

Immigration always brings big challenges in professional life and personal life , so its a big decision.

Weather wise, All of the province in Canada are same except BC. I don't see any difference between -20 and -35, both are freezing for me.

If you want to be in Canada, Enjoy the cold.

Regards,
Ht2010 said:
Hello fren, congratulation!! I understood your worries. Different people think differently as per their perception, experience and practice. I would like to advise you not to give up your current job. Pls try to take leave from the job , but do not quit. First, you come to Canada n see with your eyes everything then decide. People those are already here in Canada most of they don't provide information regarding their real experience . In my view, PR is nothing for qualified people. However that is prestigious for people like us. I am here in Canada for 8 months with the PR status. It is very hard to get related job, one has to spend at least 3-5 yrs to have better opportunities. Our education is not that much helpful here. If one wants to grab an opportunity in related field, he/she has to study here, needs to pay fees as well. After that a door will open but no guarantee. All professionals such as Dr. Engineer, nurse, have to be updated with Canadian educational system. Again it is too hard to have a survival job. For that one has to struggle a lot. All those jobs are very physical. Sorry for being too straight , PR is meaningful for those whose only objective is to have that, but if we want to explore something better, there are lots of opportunities. Thus, I suggest you to experience Canada with your naked eyes and take a decision whether you want to struggle in foreign land or not. For your kind information , city like Calgary , Edmonton, Toronto, May be ok. Select a place where is little cold as compared to high cold like -35, -40. Finally do not think other ways cuz I am not demotivating you guys I just wanted to share the reality.

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2012, Feb 2013 and Feb 2014
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Send with medicals on Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 May 2014, received on 5th June 2014
LANDED..........
by end of this year
hello2000 said:
Hi guys

Today I recieved the following mail from NDVO. After two months of Decision made they have sent it. According to mail I think this applies everyone waiting for passport. So please lets contact to VFS now.

Dear **************:

As of February 1, 2013, the Canadian Cooperation Office in Kathmandu can no longer forward
immigration documents on behalf of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi. As a result,
we are unable to return your passport to you via the Canadian Cooperation Office (Kathmandu).

Effective immediately, visa applicants in Nepal are requested to either:

• contact the VFS Visa Application Centre in Kathmandu (http://www.vfs-canada.co.in)
to arrange for return of your passport; or
• provide a mailing address in India to which we can send your passport and documents
by registered mail.

We request that you comply with this request within the next 30 days so that we may finalize
your application.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section
High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, India
I got same email recently, but the status is still "In process". But i already contacted VFS, kathmandu and complete the process.
Should i notify to NDVO that i have contacted VFS or not?
What should i expect it will be with visa?? i have completed all the process, paid fee, updated docs and did remedical on feb 2014.
Looking for your response.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Netra said:
I got same email recently, but the status is still "In process". But i already contacted VFS, kathmandu and complete the process.
Should i notify to NDVO that i have contacted VFS or not?
What should i expect it will be with visa?? i have completed all the process, paid fee, updated docs and did remedical on feb 2014.
Looking for your response.
Congratulation! Do not need to worry about anything. VFS will forward your documents to NDVO to proceed your passport back and you will be contacted after receiving passports by VFS. Regarding status update, sometimes NDVO does not update status from In process to Decision Made, it happens, no need to think abt it. NDVO is not serious about updating applicants' status and has never been practical in this regard. See you soon in Canada!

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
by end of this year
Ht2010 said:
Congratulation! Do not need to worry about anything. VFS will forward your documents to NDVO to proceed your passport back and you will be contacted after receiving passports by VFS. Regarding status update, sometimes NDVO does not update status from In process to Decision Made, it happens, no need to think abt it. NDVO is not serious about updating applicants' status and has never been practical in this regard. See you soon in Canada!
'thanks,
i contact vfs kathmandu on last monday, now it has been 12 days. the vfs status shows, your application is being processed at NDVO. so my concern is how long it takes to deliver ppts from NDVO to kathmandu? any experience??

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
Netra said:
'thanks,
i contact vfs kathmandu on last monday, now it has been 12 days. the vfs status shows, your application is being processed at NDVO. so my concern is how long it takes to deliver ppts from NDVO to kathmandu? any experience??
congrats...u will get very soon..

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
by end of this year
sharmilas said:
congrats...u will get very soon..
thanks,
VFS kathmandu asked me to contact after 15 days that is tomorrow. But vfs status still shows that the application is being processed at New Delhi. will it be fruitful visit vfs tomorrow?? I think NOT... :( :(

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
by end of this year
Subedi said:
My status changed from In Process to Decision Made yesterday. I heard that after DM, there will be a change in address in e-cas. But for me, there is no change in address. Any idea friends???
Dear Subedi Ji,
I followup your history. First you received letter to contact vfs while your status was "In process", but on receiving ur passports, it was said that you need to resubmit pp of ur daughter. Then again you sent passports and get "DM" and after that you received pp with visa.
is not that history at finalization step?
And i am suffering from same situation.. ecas "In process", received email to contact vfs, kathmandu. What should i expect ?? same as you?? I have a daughter of 2 yrs old..

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
by end of this year
Ht2010 said:
Dear fren,
tens building up day by day.. No DM, still "In process", and vfs status is "Your application is being processed at Delhi"...it has been 3 weeks i applied for pp back at vfs kathmandu. Is it any special case or it is normal...??

I am posting it though no one replying here since last week..

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
by end of this year
ashokhamal said:
yo vfs ley kati charge gardoo rahy cha pp delhi send garda.
Rs.3130 per passport.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Netra said:
Dear fren,
tens building up day by day.. No DM, still "In process", and vfs status is "Your application is being processed at Delhi"...it has been 3 weeks i applied for pp back at vfs kathmandu. Is it any special case or it is normal...??

I am posting it though no one replying here since last week..
Hard to figure out NDVO's working style. Last year, in April VFS started collecting passport from NDVO, that time it took around one week to 10 days to get back our passports. Why is it taking now 3 weeks, hard to guess? However, do not lose hope, nothing will be bad. Cuz your file has already been approved, and thus, NDVO asked you to follow the instructions to return your passport. As NDVO is not serious in this regards, it may take time for sending back passport to you. Be patience and think positive. Best of luck!

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
by end of this year
Ht2010 said:
Hard to figure out NDVO's working style. Last year, in April VFS started collecting passport from NDVO, that time it took around one week to 10 days to get back our passports. Why is it taking now 3 weeks, hard to guess? However, do not lose hope, nothing will be bad. Cuz your file has already been approved, and thus, NDVO asked you to follow the instructions to return your passport. As NDVO is not serious in this regards, it may take time for sending back passport to you. Be patience and think positive. Best of luck!
It is going to be 4 weeks by coming monday, ecas "In process", vfs status " Your application is being processed at New Delhi". though i am calm now, not tensed. thanks for response.

azitamrit

Mar 31, 2014
i am in Edmonton.I found canada totally different what I was thinking.It is hard to find even a survival job,dont think of yours for a year or more.Government support is in every side of us but what to do with those support if we have to struggle for more than 2-3 years in survival jobs.We can do even more in Nepal within those years.
I am searching for survival jobs.if anyone who have some information please pm me i would be very grateful.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
azitamrit said:
i am in Edmonton.I found canada totally different what I was thinking.It is hard to find even a survival job,dont think of yours for a year or more.Government support is in every side of us but what to do with those support if we have to struggle for more than 2-3 years in survival jobs.We can do even more in Nepal within those years.
I am searching for survival jobs.if anyone who have some information please pm me i would be very grateful.
You are absolutely right, this is the reality of Canada. I think, dreaming about Canada is not fruitful for those who have been successful in Nepal. It is because Canada wants to bring skilled labours from third world. These days it has been tough to have survival job too. Yes, you are right that the government is providing supports for immigrants and that is not helping even to grab a survival job because of high competition. On the other side, government fund is increasing dependency of immigrants.
If you searching survival job and having hard time to get the job, I would advise you to try to security field (if you have gotten security licence) and warehouses. Those are the best areas for us.