Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
Hi all,

I tried to look for information in the Spousal sponsorship thread. Unfortunately, its become very big and I was having a difficult time reviewing the Information.

Some background:
- I am a PR and want to sponsor my wife.
- We've been married for about a year and now I need to sponsor her to come to Canada.
- We're doing an outland application.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Police certificate - It says that she needs to get a police certificate done. I thought that it was something that the application centre would have requested. Is it better for her to do the police clearance certificate and then I send the application for Sponsorship approval?
2) Medical certificate - It also says that this should be attached to the application. When I did my PR, the application centre asked to provide medical examinations after I had submitted the application. Again, should I have her do a medical clearance before sending the application to India?
3) For all documents where they ask her (as the applicant) and me (as the sponsor) to sign. I was planning on sending the pdf copy of the completed application, then ask her to sign it and then email me the signed pdf scan. Then i take a printout and attach. Is this okay? Or should I send it to her, get her to sign it and then get her to courier the application to me?

Other than that, the rest of the application process seems fine.

Thanks for any and all your help.

Vizzy

smokijoe

Oct 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PoS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
File Transfer...
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
01-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not needed
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2012
LANDED..........
12/06/2012
You need to have the police certificate and the medical record sent with the application to cic together. You can do them separately but it is not recommended as it may cause a delay to you application, or maybe it can be returned to you as incomplete.
The application forms are supposed to be originals as far as I can remember.
Just a suggestion, why not let her complete them and then send then to you for your signature and to be submitted.

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
Can the medical examination be done by any doctor? I remember there being a list of specified doctors that the CIC uses. Let me find it.

Thanks!

I've started the application. Might as well finish it up, send it to her then ask her to sign it and send it back. Looks like its going to be via courier.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Any doctor on the CIC list of approved physicians is ok. Doesn't have to be in India, she can have it done anywhere in the world as long as it is a CIC approved doctor.

Vizzynuts said:
Can the medical examination be done by any doctor? I remember there being a list of specified doctors that the CIC uses. Let me find it.

Thanks!

I've started the application. Might as well finish it up, send it to her then ask her to sign it and send it back. Looks like its going to be via courier.

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
Thanks for your help.

I had another question: On the form IMM5540E, Sponsor questionnaire, Q8 asks If i have resided in any countries other than Canada.

I grew up in Dubai and came to Canada on a study permit all the way back in August 2002, since I was 18 years old. Do I still need to give them the address that I lived in while in Dubai. Honestly, its such a long time, I dont even remember what the address was :S

Thanks,