+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical and criminal before or after he arrives?

CanGuate

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi there I know I am running more than one thread I am hoping for answers and advice because we are in the about to submit stage!

As I keep mentioning my husband to be is planning to enter as a tourist in December on the basis of wanting to see Christmas and having spent 5 months here last year studying. We plan to get married in Dec or January (we aren't sure what is best) and then submit our application before February (when our baby is due). We intend to go inland as we need him working, and the wait times are comparable if not better than Guatemala. (also with a baby we need him to take care of her, as I will have to work so we can eat!)

So my question is should we get his medicals and police checks before he comes as a tourist in dec as we will need them in Jan/feb when we apply, or will it look suspicious (worried about dual intent, he came to visit why would he need medicals and police check, and those things are dated...)

Thanks so much for all and any advice!

Praying for patience understanding and strength that is needed for PR application process! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would do medical in Canada. It's typically cheaper.

As for the police certificates, keep in mind that they are only valid for three months. So if he's arriving in December and you're submitting the application in February, the police certificates will probably be stale dated if he gets them before he leaves for Canada.