+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical admissibility for parents

supervisa099

Dec 25, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents sponsorship for PR in 2019. I have a question about the medical admissibility, as I'm worried about it a bit..

My mom was diagnosed with early Stage 1 break cancer about 2 years ago. Ever since she has had the tumor removed, received chemotherapy, and radiotherapy, and has been disease free. She now just takes a tablet, which is used to reduce the risk of cancer from coming back. And as of now, she is cancer-free, and there is no evidence of disease. This was all mentioned on the application.

Given all this, should I be worried about the medical admissibility criterion?

Thank you very much for the responses.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents sponsorship for PR in 2019. I have a question about the medical admissibility, as I'm worried about it a bit..

My mom was diagnosed with early Stage 1 break cancer about 2 years ago. Ever since she has had the tumor removed, received chemotherapy, and radiotherapy, and has been disease free. She now just takes a tablet, which is used to reduce the risk of cancer from coming back. And as of now, she is cancer-free, and there is no evidence of disease. This was all mentioned on the application.

Given all this, should I be worried about the medical admissibility criterion?

Thank you very much for the responses.
Glad to hear your mother is doing well.

It's hard to say based on the information you've provided. I think it will depend on what kind of cancer it is and if that type of cancer generally has a high chance of returning (hopefully it doesn't). It's good news that she is healthy now. I also think it's good that she only had stage 1 and it was caught early.

I think all you can do at this point is go through the medical process and hope for the best. There have certainly been cases here where parents were approved with a past history of cancer.

Reactions: supervisa099

supervisa099

Dec 25, 2014
@scylla Thank you so much for the response! I had a typo.. it was breast cancer. And based on the tests they had done, it was very responsive to treatment.. and hence I guess unlikely to come back.
Like you said, all we can do is go through the medicals and hope for the best!
Thank you so much again!

Reactions: scylla

supervisa099

Dec 25, 2014
@canuck78 Yes, that is correct. What would be your "gut feel" for such a case..? Back then when they did the tests, they found that the likelihood of her tumor responding to this drug was high.. and hence I guess the likelihood of it returning low.

Thank you!