+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Admissibility for Canadian study Permit in Pakistan

asadmah87

Oct 26, 2019
Hello everyone. I am hoping you all be fine and Fit.

I have gone through two kidney transplants in 2002 and recent one in 2016. Now Alhamdulillah i am perfectly fine I have already secured admission at UBC but i am confused, will Canadian immigration will accept my medical condition for study permit, or will reject it? what should i do in term of documentations to convince them that i am perfectly fine now.
I will be thankful for an expert reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone. I am hoping you all be fine and Fit.

I have gone through two kidney transplants in 2002 and recent one in 2016. Now Alhamdulillah i am perfectly fine I have already secured admission at UBC but i am confused, will Canadian immigration will accept my medical condition for study permit, or will reject it? what should i do in term of documentations to convince them that i am perfectly fine now.
I will be thankful for an expert reply.
You may have challenges getting approved given the cost of anti-rejection drugs. This may also creates issues applying for PR. You will eventually need another kidney transplant as wells that cost will have to factor in.

asadmah87

Oct 26, 2019
You may have challenges getting approved given the cost of anti-rejection drugs. This may also creates issues applying for PR. You will eventually need another kidney transplant as wells that cost will have to factor in.
sorry not sure what PR means.
you are right it will create problems. but do you know what kind of medical examination it will be. any thorough examination? should i take my all medical tests and reports with me.?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
sorry not sure what PR means.
you are right it will create problems. but do you know what kind of medical examination it will be. any thorough examination? should i take my all medical tests and reports with me.?
Permanent residency. Not mentioning your kidney transplants and medications would be misrepresentation and could get you banned from Canada for a period of time. Yes you will likely need to get information from your current nephrologist about your health and current medication. You can bring it to a medical to try to provide the information upfront instead of being asked for it later on. You should also research what kind of coverage you will have through both provincial plans and university insurance. Healthcare varies by province.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add that if are taking any medication that you can only bring a 90 day supply into Canada and it would be illegal to have additional supplies mailed/courier in. Something to keep in mind.

As per Canuck you must declare any pre existing conditions given apart from misrepresentation should you arrive in Canada having not declared then any insurance you might have from the college would be void if any issues later on.

Unfortunately life events cannot seem fair but you have to take your chances that your medical history will not be an issue to IRCC