+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Med Student Visitor Visa Help!

yeldah01

Apr 8, 2015
Hi all,

I'm looking for some visitor visa advice. My partner is a resident of the Philippines and in Med school in the US. He has a residency interview in Canada next week and still has not heard anything about his visitor visa. He's worried that he won't get it in time and has tried endlessly to find out where in the process it is. (It seems that most people in the Canadian Immigration system don't take the time to talk about visitor visas). He only needs to be in the country for about 48hrs for the interview and has a return flight to the US. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to get here but is there anything he can do if he arrives in Canada with out the visa? OR any other way that anyone out there knows of to help us out with this process?

Thanks so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Visitor Visa Help!

The airline won't even allow to board the plane to Canada without a visa. And visitor visas are not issued at the border.

He needs to secure an approved visitor visa to come to Canada - there's no alternative.

yeldah01

Apr 8, 2015
Thanks so much for your reply. I figured that was the case. Do yo by any chance know if there is a way to contact Immigration about visitor a visa status? None of the numbers we've found work or say they don't deal with them.

Thanks again so much for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yeldah01 said:
Thanks so much for your reply. I figured that was the case. Do yo by any chance know if there is a way to contact Immigration about visitor a visa status? None of the numbers we've found work or say they don't deal with them.

Thanks again so much for your help.
1. Which office did he apply to the US? Did he apply through the VAC? The processing times are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp#west
2. Both LA and New York have case specific email addresses on their web sites.