+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meaning of these refusal reasons.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have very low grades in 12'th. And that too in PSEB.
and you are applying for engineering programs. That's a refusal right there.

HSBATTH

Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Student
App. Filed.......
04-12-2012,01-04-2013,25-07-2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
O-7.0[L-8.5,R-6.5,W-6.5,S-6.5]
File Transfer...
05-12-2012,02-04-2013,29-07-2013
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
15-11-2012,26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Je Rab Mehar Kare
LANDED..........
Je Rab Mehar Kare
just_do_it said:
you have very low grades in 12'th. And that too in PSEB.
and you are applying for engineering programs. That's a refusal right there.
its state board,it matters.55% of PSEB are equivalent to 75% of CBSE.Anybody can get 80% in CBSE but its a tough job in PSEB.To get admission college or university seeks %age not board. There are certain requirements for everything,and those requirements not include name of board.and there is not a rule that 55% can not get admission in engineering.Minimum requirement is 50%.life don't ends at +2,who get high %ages at +2 they are not rewarded,life only rewards those who struggle for their aim.And stop discouraging me.People like you only are cause depression,etc. for applicants.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
HSBATTH said:
its state board,it matters.55% of PSEB are equivalent to 75% of CBSE.Anybody can get 80% in CBSE but its a tough job in PSEB.To get admission college or university seeks %age not board. There are certain requirements for everything,and those requirements not include name of board.and there is not a rule that 55% can not get admission in engineering.Minimum requirement is 50%.life don't ends at +2,who get high %ages at +2 they are not rewarded,life only rewards those who struggle for their aim.And stop discouraging me.People like you only are cause depression,etc. for applicants.
What you're saying might be true but to average joe like me, just do it or any person looking at your file, they aren't going to know how hard or easy each board is, especially when dealing with multiple boards inside the same country.

55% in pseb or anyother board will be considered as 55% unless you can prove otherwise.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HSBATTH said:
I'm not discouraging you, i'm telling it like it is, the cold hard truth. You may not like it though but it is the truth.

PSEB or CBSE, to a visa officer they are both same. and trust me bro, 55% is a low grade in any board.

and your rant on CBSE vs PSEB, its not THAT easy to get 75-80% in CBSE. And if you look at country specific admission requirements for any reputable university in Canada, they require a certain minimum percentage and will almost always specify CBSE or ICSE. But then again, Admission is not the issue here, its the visa rejection. You asked for opinions on your visa refusal, i gave one.

I'll still give you free advice, try for a course that is not too technical. Perhaps business or something where the visa officer may not put to much emphasis on your 12'th %. and write a strong letter supporting your choice of program and how its going to fit into your future plans etc.

HSBATTH

Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Student
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
15-11-2012,26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Je Rab Mehar Kare
LANDED..........
Je Rab Mehar Kare
just_do_it said:
I'm not discouraging you, i'm telling it like it is, the cold hard truth. You may not like it though but it is the truth.

PSEB or CBSE, to a visa officer they are both same. and trust me bro, 55% is a low grade in any board.

and your rant on CBSE vs PSEB, its not THAT easy to get 75-80% in CBSE. And if you look at country specific admission requirements for any reputable university in Canada, they require a certain minimum percentage and will almost always specify CBSE or ICSE. But then again, Admission is not the issue here, its the visa rejection. You asked for opinions on your visa refusal, i gave one.

I'll still give you free advice, try for a course that is not too technical. Perhaps business or something where the visa officer may not put to much emphasis on your 12'th %. and write a strong letter supporting your choice of program and how its going to fit into your future plans etc.
Actually after two refusal I am really tensed.I also know board does not matters but somebody told me two years ago that state board is beneficial and believe me 55% was very hard for me to get.CBSE put exam papers only from NCERT books,in case of PSEB they can put anything from anywhere. I have done +2 from a college,and college only offers PSEB and not CBSE.Moreover, I have done 10th from ICSE.I don't know you people know or not I have got 55% in Non-Medical. I got admission two times successfully,your are right,it is case of visa rejection not admission.You gave your opinion bro its good,but try to give it in better encouraging way. you don't know how sad I felt when I saw your post.I estimated 65%-70% for final exams but I think GOD has not allowed me to get more.Moreover,this time rules are really strict,one of my friends with 65% got rejected.Lets see what is in CAIPS notes,my only hope.
and just_do_it bro I can not take business because of non-medical,who knows they can say again Your purposed.........................etc.

HSBATTH

Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Student
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
15-11-2012,26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Je Rab Mehar Kare
LANDED..........
Je Rab Mehar Kare
Josh21 said:
What you're saying might be true but to average joe like me, just do it or any person looking at your file, they aren't going to know how hard or easy each board is, especially when dealing with multiple boards inside the same country.

55% in pseb or any other board will be considered as 55% unless you can prove otherwise.
I know bro these are less %age.I also know board does not matters to anybody.but these are non-medical %ages.and I am 100% sure there will be some other reason inside CAIPS.i'm going to order it shorty.
and if there will be a need I will write about less %age and future prospects in SOP.
Thanks Josh21,just_do_it for your help and sorry If I have said anything wrong to you people.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
HSBATTH said:
I know bro these are less %age.I also know board does not matters to anybody.but these are non-medical %ages.and I am 100% sure there will be some other reason inside CAIPS.i'm going to order it shorty.
and if there will be a need I will write about less %age and future prospects in SOP.
Thanks Josh21,just_do_it for your help and sorry If I have said anything wrong to you people.
Good luck, hope it works out. Just know that while me and others here are giving our opinion, we could be wrong. Maybe its not your %, but that just seemed like the reasonable guess which is why we suggested it.

HSBATTH

Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Student
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Med's Done....
15-11-2012,26-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Je Rab Mehar Kare
LANDED..........
Je Rab Mehar Kare
Thanks bro May God fulfill our dreams.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HSBATTH said:
Just looking at your profile that you posted, that is the only thing that stood out (based on the refusal reasons) and others have pointed that out too in other posts.

You have to realize that these visa officers get tons of student applications every day and there are others with better %age applying with similar programs. So that unfortunately puts you at a disadvantage when your file is being analyzed. Not saying it is not possible, i have myself seen people with low grades get a visa. but perhaps they are getting more strict now that Canada is becoming the new Australia as a student destination and tons of people applying every day.

What board you graduated from and its difficulty is not the issue here and i very much doubt the VO's care. also, +2 in non-medical does not restrict you from taking business programs. but then again, it depends on the VO's mentality (which you just can't judge).

You said you already have 2 rejections. That again puts in an uncomfortable spot. Each rejection reduces chances of being approved in future applications. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but you need to know the truth in terms of what your chances are so you can be better prepared if you do apply again. I can sit here and tell you that everything will be fine, apply again and pray to god and all that, but i would be doing you a disservice.

Here's my advice, wait for your CAIPs notes and see whats written in there. If the problem is your low %age, then you know what the sticking point is. If it is so, you can do 3 things:

1. Redo your +2 again (perhaps in CBSE) and work hard to get a better %age. This only takes another year and you have proof to show that you have tried and done better and are capable of doing so in canada too.
2. Enroll into a bachelors degree and graduate with good marks and then apply for a PG course. this will take longer obviously.
3. Try again with a different program and write a strong SOP supporting your claims that you can and will do better. You would be very lucky to be approved since the chances are slim.

and life does not end if you do not get a visa. Perhaps there is something else in store for you. all that happens is for the good.

Good Luck

draval84

Apr 20, 2013
just_do_it said:
Just looking at your profile that you posted, that is the only thing that stood out (based on the refusal reasons) and others have pointed that out too in other posts.

You have to realize that these visa officers get tons of student applications every day and there are others with better %age applying with similar programs. So that unfortunately puts you at a disadvantage when your file is being analyzed. Not saying it is not possible, i have myself seen people with low grades get a visa. but perhaps they are getting more strict now that Canada is becoming the new Australia as a student destination and tons of people applying every day.

What board you graduated from and its difficulty is not the issue here and i very much doubt the VO's care. also, +2 in non-medical does not restrict you from taking business programs. but then again, it depends on the VO's mentality (which you just can't judge).

You said you already have 2 rejections. That again puts in an uncomfortable spot. Each rejection reduces chances of being approved in future applications. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but you need to know the truth in terms of what your chances are so you can be better prepared if you do apply again. I can sit here and tell you that everything will be fine, apply again and pray to god and all that, but i would be doing you a disservice.

Here's my advice, wait for your CAIPs notes and see whats written in there. If the problem is your low %age, then you know what the sticking point is. If it is so, you can do 3 things:

1. Redo your +2 again (perhaps in CBSE) and work hard to get a better %age. This only takes another year and you have proof to show that you have tried and done better and are capable of doing so in canada too.
2. Enroll into a bachelors degree and graduate with good marks and then apply for a PG course. this will take longer obviously.
3. Try again with a different program and write a strong SOP supporting your claims that you can and will do better. You would be very lucky to be approved since the chances are slim.

and life does not end if you do not get a visa. Perhaps there is something else in store for you. all that happens is for the good.

Good Luck
hi ,

i need help plssss.

i am 28 yrs old. working as a web designer.
i have applied for may intake for project management course and got rejection.

so.. can u pls guide me what should i do now..?

gandan

Jun 10, 2013
HSBATTH said:
Guys please give me exact meaning of these refusal reasons.Reply fast its urgent.
1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

Purpose of visit.

2. Other reasons:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous
studies, language abilities or your future plans.
I got rejected for purpose of visit reasons I AM NOT SATISFIED FROM THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THAT YOUR TRUE INTENTION IS THAT OF A STUDENT ONLY.

How would I satisfy the visa officer for this? This is the only reason that I got rejected. What did you tell them in the SOP. Is the reason for refusal in the letter means I do not have to go for Caips?

What did you tell them in the SOP of the purpose of visit and what is the reason on your CAIPS

How I will apply for caips

gandan

Jun 10, 2013
gandan said:
I got rejected for purpose of visit reasons I AM NOT SATISFIED FROM THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THAT YOUR TRUE INTENTION IS THAT OF A STUDENT ONLY.

How would I satisfy the visa officer for this? This is the only reason that I got rejected. What did you tell them in the SOP. Is the reason for refusal in the letter means I do not have to go for Caips?

What did you tell them in the SOP of the purpose of visit and what is the reason on your CAIPS

How I will apply for caips

please guys answer my query

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Just do a search on forum for ordering GCMS notes. They are no longer called CAIPS notes. Though the VO has only given one reason it probably boils down to "don't believe you would leave Canada at the end of the visa". You have to convince the VO that you have prospects for future employment at home. How would this course build upon your present knowledge and improve your employment? Is there a need for employees in this field in your country. Show that. Show also that you are established at home by means of bank balance, employment experience, ownership, family ties and responsibilities. Getting your GCMS could be useful before you try again so don't pass up the opportunity.

gandan

Jun 10, 2013
Pippin said:
Just do a search on forum for ordering GCMS notes. They are no longer called CAIPS notes. Though the VO has only given one reason it probably boils down to "don't believe you would leave Canada at the end of the visa". You have to convince the VO that you have prospects for future employment at home. How would this course build upon your present knowledge and improve your employment? Is there a need for employees in this field in your country. Show that. Show also that you are established at home by means of bank balance, employment experience, ownership, family ties and responsibilities. Getting your GCMS could be useful before you try again so don't pass up the opportunity.
Thank you. I requested for caips already. How many days will I know of the result? they don't mention that I will not leave Canada. The only reason is I am not satisfied based on the document you submitted that your true intentions is of the student only.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
GCMS takes about a month. If the VO doesn't believe a person is a bona fide student or visitor then they believe the applicant really wishes to stay in Canada. This is almost the same as saying the VO doesn't think the applicant will leave before the visa expires. All boils down to the same thing. You have to prove TIES and compelling reasons for taking this particular course of studies in Canada instead of at home. All the best.