+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Meaning of “We’re reviewing your eligibility”

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
Unless there will be an interference from the higher authorities in govt to ensure staff does double time & finish the pending applications, nothing is going to happen. I sincerely feel a lot can be done to speed up things if the govt is willing as it is not just a matter of business anymore, peoples lives depend on it.

We can whine all we want but all we can do is wait for our turn.
I fully agree with it. All we can do is to wait. It is really impossible to get answers about the decision that IRCC makes. It is moreover the government rules and their decision, and we do not have control over it.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hi everyone! Yesterday I logged into my account gc account and it said that my application was updated. It now says “we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”. Before that, the only updated I’ve got was on background check, they’re reviewing my background. So, do you think this means there’s a final decision coming? How long it would take now for the answer.

I applied online on November 12th, and my program starts on February 1st in Québec city.
Doesn't mean anything there are accounts of the same status message being displayed for months and years.

Reactions: Jaspreet987

Jasdeogan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Unless there will be an interference from the higher authorities in govt to ensure staff does double time & finish the pending applications, nothing is going to happen. I sincerely feel a lot can be done to speed up things if the govt is willing as it is not just a matter of business anymore, peoples lives depend on it.

you're spot on.

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020

Well Said!

Dorabach

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
According to the people in this forum, an eligibility is an indication that your application is progressing and it is on the route to a final decision. However, the eligibility process, in some cases, might take some time, at least in India. There were few applicants mentioning that it would take around 15-20 days approx. to get a decision. I am not sure about your country. In my case, my eligibility started the same day of the medical passed, which was on December 21, 2020. I have been waiting for the response since then. I think it depends on your education and career background and the country in which you have applied. I have my course starting on 17 January 2021, still waiting. We can wait and ask IRCC to expedite the process, but the time and the decision is theirs always.
May I know regarding the meaning of " We are processing your background check? Please someone tell me

Dorabach

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Hi everyone! Yesterday I logged into my account gc account and it said that my application was updated. It now says “we’re reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”. Before that, the only updated I’ve got was on background check, they’re reviewing my background. So, do you think this means there’s a final decision coming? How long it would take now for the answer.

I applied online on November 12th, and my program starts on February 1st in Québec city.
What do they really process first according to the status tool? Does Eligibility comes first before background check? Or they are just both similar? What do you think?

Dorabach

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Well, in my case they started the eligibility review on January 7th. I applied on November 12th, so I took 7 weeks and half for that to start. But in the mean time, they only change I noticed was on background check it started before Christmas. So I think, when they start reviewing the background, one or two week later you can expect the eligibility review to start
What do they really process first according to the status tool? Does Eligibility comes first before background check? Or they are just both similar? What do you think?

Naresh_PlantSci

Star Member
Dec 22, 2020
May I know regarding the meaning of " We are processing your background check? Please someone tell me
Background check mostly verifies your criminality, and it could be anything related to major violation of laws in your country that has been registered in the court etc. I think the Canada immigration has the sources to check your background on the grounds of violations of law, criminalty

Dorabach

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Background check mostly verifies your criminality, and it could be anything related to major violation of laws in your country that has been registered in the court etc. I think the Canada immigration has the sources to check your background on the grounds of violations of law, criminalty
Meaning they could be checking police certificate as well.
Does this mean my application is moving?

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
True. Even my medicals requested by IRCC on 11th December and medicals passed on 17th Dec. It was not upfront. Unfortunately we all fell into vacation duration. No update after the medicals passed. Still under background check.
Hey there! I hope you got the approval for your application. I have some questions, After how long did IRCC request you to get a medical exam?
I applied on April 12, Biometrics completed on April 20. My application status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" but still didn't get instructions to do medicals. Is that a bad sign?
Thank you for sharing!

CMog

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Hey there! I hope you got the approval for your application. I have some questions, After how long did IRCC request you to get a medical exam?
I applied on April 12, Biometrics completed on April 20. My application status changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" but still didn't get instructions to do medicals. Is that a bad sign?
Thank you for sharing!
I,myself applied on the 30th April and they started reviewing my application sometime in May.on the 25th May they requested my medical and clearance certificate at the same time,they uploaded my medicals on the 1 June and haven’t received anything from them eversince.i guess in your case you can raise a webform asking them about the medical request.

panheng

Dec 29, 2020

True.plus processing is not free.Like any other paid service applicants should get decisions in a timely manner.
CIC talks about their new computer programs, apps to speed up processing, but it seems like its just lip service.

Last edited:

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
True.plus processing is not free.Like any other paid service applicants should get decisions in a timely manner.
CIC talks about their new computer programs, apps to speed up processing, but it seems like its just lip service.
I will do that. Thank you!

Zinabu2

Feb 25, 2021
I,myself applied on the 30th April and they started reviewing my application sometime in May.on the 25th May they requested my medical and clearance certificate at the same time,they uploaded my medicals on the 1 June and haven’t received anything from them eversince.i guess in your case you can raise a webform asking them about the medical request.
Thank you for sharing. I will try to write them webform. It seems they want to reject my case and that's why they ignore it. Good luck with the medical results.