+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEANING 0F CIC FORWARDED YOUR APPLICATION TO MANILA OFFICE

nansspnosa

Apr 23, 2013
Hi,

CIC e-mailed me informing me that they have received my application, given me UIC number and forwarded my application in Manila, does this mean I have a good chance that my application will be approved? Also, what is the next step I should look forward to? I have applied as a self-employed and there are few threads on this category. Don't how long is the processing of application on this category. Hope I can hear some thoughts. Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nansspnosa said:
Hi,

CIC e-mailed me informing me that they have received my application, given me UIC number and forwarded my application in Manila, does this mean I have a good chance that my application will be approved? Also, what is the next step I should look forward to? I have applied as a self-employed and there are few threads on this category. Don't how long is the processing of application on this category. Hope I can hear some thoughts. Thanks
1. It sounds applying as a skilled worker. So all it means is that Nova Scotia has approved the application as complete, it has nothing to do with approval of the application, that will be assessed in Manila.
2. Self employed, processing time in Manila: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/self-fed.asp#asia Less than 5 Self Employed applications per year so time is not posted. Open Data shows 9 applications in 2011 with 80% processed in 76 months, with a 56% refusal rate.

nansspnosa

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks so much PMM. I did not know that this application takes so long. I should have applied for the provincial nominee. Can I change my application instead? If I cancel my application, will I get a refund of the processing fee? I really wanted to change it to provincial nominee. Also the approval rate is very low. Is it okay also if an employer will sponsor me? Will it affect my application?