+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Me and wife want to sponsor her father and mother to Canada?

Nike1702

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
I would like to know if it is possible for me and my wife to sponser her father and mother to Canada. As her father was deported from the United States. Will that have any afftect on his sponsorship to Canada? and also is there a link to show to info requirements for sponsoring? thank you

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can do that.

Deportation from other country could be reason for rejection. But it depends to the reasons behind the deportation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives.asp

Nike1702

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
I am a bit confused and would like to know if me and my wife can also sponsor her grandmother and parents from India? by summiting two different applications or are we only allowed to sponsor one or the other?

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
You can sponsor in one application as long as you show enough income to support all the parties.

I

iarblue

Yeah you can not have two apps in process at the same time you can sponsor them all at once on the same form but you will need one wicked income between you and your wife as their is an income requirement and the whole process will take over 4 years.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

iarblue said:
Yeah you can not have two apps in process at the same time you can sponsor them all at once on the same form but you will need one wicked income between you and your wife as their is an income requirement and the whole process will take over 4 years.
Wrong, the poster can have as may sponsorship applications in progress as they want, as long as they meet the LICO for the total no. of persons.

I

iarblue

Oh i stand corrected i always thought you were only allowed one app at a time.As about 5 years ago me and my ex wife sponsored her parents from england,and then we tried to sponsor her grandmother they told us we could not have two apps in at the same time but we could add her to the original one,with the parents.But i know you are very experienced in this whole immigration nightmare so,i know sometimes immigration call centers do not always give you the right info.