+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

McMaster University - SDS

Mariam512

Dec 3, 2019
Hi!!!

I received admission in McMaster winter intake 2020. I don’t have enough time to apply for regular visa and therefore I am planning to apply through SDS. But McMaster has only disclosed fees of 2 terms (as per their visa policy) instead of 1 year (3 terms)

Can I still apply for SDS? And if I go for regular visa what are the chances that I’ll get the visa in time?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
Hi!!!

I received admission in McMaster winter intake 2020. I don’t have enough time to apply for regular visa and therefore I am planning to apply through SDS. But McMaster has only disclosed fees of 2 terms (as per their visa policy) instead of 1 year (3 terms)

Can I still apply for SDS? And if I go for regular visa what are the chances that I’ll get the visa in time?
The processing time for regular study permit applications is subject to different factors. Please mention your country.

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
It is highly unlikely that you will get your visa on time. It's quite late for SDS as well unless you have already obtained your GIC and done upfront medical. It's worth a try, though.

You can ask McMaster for their annual tuition fee and pay that amount, as it is mandatory for SDS.

Mariam512

Dec 3, 2019
I am already done with medical and I have already applied for GIC (haven’t received the certificate but I have received the email from them).. I have contacted the university and they reassess all information in September. In my offer letter the fees mentioned is from September 2019 - September 2020. But since I will be joining in winter 2020, I can pay for 2 terms only.

I have a friend in India who told me that I can pay for 2 terms and attach bank statements to show I can afford the rest of the education and also mention this problem in the cover letter.

Please advise if this will work?

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
I am already done with medical and I have already applied for GIC (haven’t received the certificate but I have received the email from them).. I have contacted the university and they reassess all information in September. In my offer letter the fees mentioned is from September 2019 - September 2020. But since I will be joining in winter 2020, I can pay for 2 terms only.

I have a friend in India who told me that I can pay for 2 terms and attach bank statements to show I can afford the rest of the education and also mention this problem in the cover letter.

Please advise if this will work?
It just might work, but it is not advisable. It is clearly mentioned on CIC website that you need to attach one-year tuition fee receipt. If you do not, your application will be treated as a general study permit application.

Mariam512

Dec 3, 2019
I have emailed the university but they keep telling me they can’t tell me the fees in advance.

I don’t know what to do as regular visa processing time for Pakistan is almost 3 months