+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

McGill University

AhsanMir

Aug 2, 2012
Thanks all for the replies. I hope I get an offer, it would be a dream come true. I took the GRE/TOEFL in Feb 2011.
I'm from Pakistan. Does someone know about the average processing time for McGill. There application deadline is Sept 15th, does that imply that the uni starts replying after this date?

uarshad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AhsanMir said:
Thanks all for the replies. I hope I get an offer, it would be a dream come true. I took the GRE/TOEFL in Feb 2011.
I'm from Pakistan. Does someone know about the average processing time for McGill. There application deadline is Sept 15th, does that imply that the uni starts replying after this date?
Not really. But it wouldn't take longer than 2 months. You will receive an e-mail to check your status on minerva. Although the official letter takes another two months to arrive to its destination.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
AhsanMir said:
I have applied to the McGill M.Eng (Coursework) Electrical Engineering program for Winter 2013. Can anyone rate my chances:

B.Eng CGPA: 3.01/4.0
Toefl iBT: 115/120
GRE-General: 1310/1600
A-Levels: 3A's O-Levels: 7A's
No research experience.

I know that getting accepted is far fetched but is it worth giving a shot at?

Thanks.
The only loop hole in your profile is your bachelor's cgpa....rest all is great!

Best of luck!

Sep 20, 2012
AhsanMir said:
Anyone else who applied to McGill for Winter 2013? Have the decisions started coming in yet?
Hi Ahsan,
I wanted to apply (M.Eng. Mech), but by the time I made up my mind it was too late to apply. I guess I would be applying for September 2013 now.
How many universities have you applied to? Other than UoOttawa and McGill. Did you try it at UofT? I heard UofT, Waterloo, McGill, UBC are top tech schools in Canada and they don't doll out admissions with ease. I'm asking this because I haven't applied to any one as of now and I am wondering whether I should apply to them or not (if they don't accept us easily). Please share your experience.
Thanks.

Sep 20, 2012
uarshad said:
No it will not your chances of visa. It will not be a plus point or a minus point.
I think, it is advantageous to have a close relative in Canada for the purpose of getting a visa. The VO would be interested to know if someone close to you would be there to help you settle and adapt to in Canada. It should be a plus though.

AhsanMir

Aug 2, 2012
These are indeed amongst the top engineering programs in Canada. Alberta and Calgary are good too. I think it'd be best to apply to two goods schools and one or two average schools to ensure a back up incase you can't get into your preference. Atleast that's what I did.

Fingers crossed for for McGill though. Please pray for me!

Sep 20, 2012
AhsanMir said:
These are indeed amongst the top engineering programs in Canada. Alberta and Calgary are good too. I think it'd be best to apply to two goods schools and one or two average schools to ensure a back up incase you can't get into your preference. Atleast that's what I did.

Fingers crossed for for McGill though. Please pray for me!
Thanks. PMed you. Please check your inbox.

AhsanMir

Aug 2, 2012
Any news on the Winter 2013 decisions? It seems as if I'm the only one on this forum applying to McGill this time around.

king1401

Oct 15, 2012
hi

AhsanMir said:
Any news on the Winter 2013 decisions? It seems as if I'm the only one on this forum applying to McGill this time around.
no worries , you aint the only one.. i have applied for ECE MEng , winter 2013 too. We're in the same boat though , no replies till now.

AhsanMir

Aug 2, 2012
king1401 said:
hi

no worries , you aint the only one.. i have applied for ECE MEng , winter 2013 too. We're in the same boat though , no replies till now.
Nice to hear some reassuring news! :)
Can I know your profile?

AhsanMir

Aug 2, 2012
Good luck! Mine is almost similar to you, except the paper. I've applied for control systems in EE and my Minerva status is 'Ready for Review'.

king1401

Oct 15, 2012
Good luck to you too .
yeah same status here.
I applied for circuits.
I guess we just have to be patient 8)

mangbang

Nov 6, 2012
Hi, iam also waiting for response 4m mcmaster for ece meng jan 2013, plz update, whether u got any response.