+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

McGill University

krishnaboopathyj

Nov 22, 2012
INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have applied for sept-2013 intake.... still not getting any update frm themmmm
What was ur status by the way.... Have u got in...?

krishnaboopathyj

Nov 22, 2012
INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am currently having d same xperience as u except i am applying for sept-2013 intake....
By the way what was ur result... did u get into McMaster... I am freaking out here...
got above 85% in schooling and 77% in anna univ BE(ECE) with IELTS score 7.5

Suggest ur opinion... plz...

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
I think the earliest reply that an applicant will get (applying for fall 2013) is by March, At least that was what the dept. coordinator told me (biology dept). Maybe They are just giving a very conservative assumption about the time. They told me to always check the status in minerva, should they need any other documents.

By the way, I applied for the fall sem 2013. for the graduate degree program (PhD) of Biology Dept.

krishnaboopathyj

Nov 22, 2012
INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bigkahuna said:
I think the earliest reply that an applicant will get (applying for fall 2013) is by March, At least that was what the dept. coordinator told me (biology dept). Maybe They are just giving a very conservative assumption about the time. They told me to always check the status in minerva, should they need any other documents.

By the way, I applied for the fall sem 2013. for the graduate degree program (PhD) of Biology Dept.
Thnx for ur reply... Well I have applied for Sept-2013 for my Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering... But I am not sure of getting in... Anyhow best wishes for ur application...

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
krishnaboopathyj said:
Thnx for ur reply... Well I have applied for Sept-2013 for my Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering... But I am not sure of getting in... Anyhow best wishes for ur application...
thanks! I hope you get it :) Good Luck!

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
I'm at McGill right now guys, if you have any questions about the campus/montreal/general let me know.

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
Josh21 said:
I'm at McGill right now guys, if you have any questions about the campus/montreal/general let me know.
Hi Josh21!

Hope you are enjoying your stay in McGill. Just a quick query, how long did you have to wait for admission result, during your application process?

Also, do you live outside or on-campus? can you give us some idea about the expenses on living in montreal (day to day living etc)?

thank you very much! Good luck on your studies :)

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
bigkahuna said:
Hi Josh21!

Hope you are enjoying your stay in McGill. Just a quick query, how long did you have to wait for admission result, during your application process?

Also, do you live outside or on-campus? can you give us some idea about the expenses on living in montreal (day to day living etc)?

thank you very much! Good luck on your studies :)
Well, I applyed on Jan 5th,2012. I uploaded my education transcripts on Jan 30th and after that it went to Ready to Review. After about 3 weeks of waiting, it changed to Further Review Required where they asked me to upload a document stating what I was doing during my free time(last 3 months). After that, it went to reviewed-decision pending. In about April, 3rd week they admitted me. So totally it took about 3-4 months for a decision.

I live currently off-campus, right next to the campus actually. I am actually closer to the campus then some of the residences which they refer to as "on-campus".

I plan to shift to on campus housing starting next year though as there's always something fun going on in the residences and its good to meet new people in general. I recommend everyone to try on campus housing for at least one term.

Montreal is very cheap compared to the other provinces. Rent is cheap, usually 600 for a single studio or sometimes a living room+bedroom+bathroom which includes heating/electricity/hot water and sometimes internet. You get shared accommodation for 400 or so aswell.

I dont spend much on day to day expenses because I live so close to the campus so there's no transportation costs. Food is cheap here, primarily pizza if you like it is very affordable. I dont usually eat breakfast since I dont have time because of classes. You can live pretty well for 100$/week on food. If you buy groceries and stuff, you probably will use lesser then that.

Anyother questions, let me know. Oh and guys the McGill Campus is a magical place, the most beautiful thing you'll see in Canada. I feel lucky everytime I pass the campus gates in the morning. There's just something about this place that makes you feel alive. Everyone is super friendly and helpful aswell.

anuj_juneja2005

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
hi
i am planning to do a hospitality course from royal roads victoria or a college in vancouver.

i intend to start in the spring intake

what is the average student cost of living in vancouver and victoria?

what is the scope for ODD job opportunities for indian students at cafes, factories, farms and other minimum wages jobs? Do these cities have ample or few job opportunities?

Please help me with this problem, Because it is already late, i want to start my admission process as soon as possible .

bigkahuna

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
27-12-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2013
Josh21 said:
Well, I applyed on Jan 5th,2012. I uploaded my education transcripts on Jan 30th and after that it went to Ready to Review. After about 3 weeks of waiting, it changed to Further Review Required where they asked me to upload a document stating what I was doing during my free time(last 3 months). After that, it went to reviewed-decision pending. In about April, 3rd week they admitted me. So totally it took about 3-4 months for a decision.

I live currently off-campus, right next to the campus actually. I am actually closer to the campus then some of the residences which they refer to as "on-campus".

I plan to shift to on campus housing starting next year though as there's always something fun going on in the residences and its good to meet new people in general. I recommend everyone to try on campus housing for at least one term.

Montreal is very cheap compared to the other provinces. Rent is cheap, usually 600 for a single studio or sometimes a living room+bedroom+bathroom which includes heating/electricity/hot water and sometimes internet. You get shared accommodation for 400 or so aswell.

I dont spend much on day to day expenses because I live so close to the campus so there's no transportation costs. Food is cheap here, primarily pizza if you like it is very affordable. I dont usually eat breakfast since I dont have time because of classes. You can live pretty well for 100$/week on food. If you buy groceries and stuff, you probably will use lesser then that.

Anyother questions, let me know. Oh and guys the McGill Campus is a magical place, the most beautiful thing you'll see in Canada. I feel lucky everytime I pass the campus gates in the morning. There's just something about this place that makes you feel alive. Everyone is super friendly and helpful aswell.
sounds like McGill is a great university! nice to know you are having fun so far :) But, hoping the weather isn't as bad as they are telling me about... :)

By the way, I am still learning basic french, is french quite mandatory in the streets of Montreal? or with the people?

thanks again for these infos :)

en_ligne

Dec 20, 2012
bigkahuna said:
hoping the weather isn't as bad as they are telling me about...
It is terribly cold in winter but it is very nice in the summer and fall.

bigkahuna said:
By the way, I am still learning basic french, is french quite mandatory in the streets of Montreal? or with the people?
No, not at all in Montreal. You don't really need to speak French. The only issue is that the signs on the streets are in French but you will get used to them anyway.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaaaaa.... McGill when will you give me the admission :( Still waiting!

Im an MBA applicant sitting GMAt this year and hopefull for FALL 2014 in MCGILL :(

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
bigkahuna said:
sounds like McGill is a great university! nice to know you are having fun so far :) But, hoping the weather isn't as bad as they are telling me about... :)

thanks again for these infos :)
I dont know any french either but i dont notice it at all. Infact I havent thought about it till you mentioned it now. Everyone here knows english, if you can speak french good for you but even if you cant no problem.

shethroh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh21 said:
Which program at McGill and can you please share your profile so we can know about our chances.. Thanks :)

Blast

Feb 14, 2013
Hello all, I am also an applicant to McGill's ECE program for September 2013. I applied for MEng - Thesis. From what I saw on gradcafe, I believe McGill admits are usually available from early to mid march. By the way, does anyone have any info on whether external funding increases an applicant's chances of getting in?