+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA without GMAT or Diploma

jazz020

Jan 10, 2013
hello everyone i am new in this forum currently i am pursuing my BBA and planning to do MBA or any related program to management..
I found two universities without gmat i.e. Thompson River Uni & Vancouver Island Uni out of both of them which uni is good for MBA as well as for part time working too.. guide me on that or doing MBA from canada will be beneficial for me or a diploma..Thank You :)

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazz020 said:
hello everyone i am new in this forum currently i am pursuing my BBA and planning to do MBA or any related program to management..
I found two universities without gmat i.e. Thompson River Uni & Vancouver Island Uni out of both of them which uni is good for MBA as well as for part time working too.. guide me on that or doing MBA from canada will be beneficial for me or a diploma..Thank You :)
Please don't attempt a diploma. You have to understand that you are already at a disadvantage for a number of reasons:
* No Canadian experience
* Possibly no PR (you will probably have a work permit, not a PR when you start looking for a job)

So, the biggest advantage is by getting a degree that speaks for you (to a certain extent). And that too, it should be from a reputed school, not just any school.

So please consider all this before you move ahead.

PS: I'm an MBA, who was in your shoes a few years ago.

jazz020

Jan 10, 2013
So you are trying to say no for diploma what about MBA should i go for MBA from Vancouver Island Uni or Thompson River Uni.. I am not good in reasoning and quant that i thought i got a good score in GMAT thats why i looked these uni..

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazz020 said:
So you are trying to say no for diploma what about MBA should i go for MBA from Vancouver Island Uni or Thompson River Uni.. I am not good in reasoning and quant that i thought i got a good score in GMAT thats why i looked these uni..
You'll need to consider your long term plans. Some provinces like Ontario support Masters degrees and PhD programs done in the province. So it all depends, do you want to go for a program that's valuable to the Province and do you want to stay there? Please check out the universities ranking for its programs. Your success, in part, depends on how reputable the university program is. You'll need to do some research on what you want to do and how best you can achieve that goal. Please don't focus just on the PR aspect, you would have spent a lot on education and will struggle to find a job if you haven't thought things through. Good luck with your search !

ali45

Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got acceptance letter for may intake 2013 at Thompson rivers uni for pre MBA which is leading to MBA. As about the reputation of university, all the universities in Canada are high reputed so don't worry about it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Actually TRU doesn't have that high reputation among Canadians and Canadian employers. It is absolutely not on the same level as U of T, McMaster, McGill and other similar schools. Some Canadian universities are definitely better than others.

bidav

Jan 25, 2013
ali45 said:
I got acceptance letter for may intake 2013 at Thompson rivers uni for pre MBA which is leading to MBA. As about the reputation of university, all the universities in Canada are high reputed so don't worry about it.
how did u got admission ? i heard they hv some pre mba course . actually i am also trying for TRU ..plz help me....
i did BCA and i also hv MSc degree
did they really gv admission with out GMAT ?

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
bidav said:
how did u got admission ? i heard they hv some pre mba course . actually i am also trying for TRU ..plz help me....
i did BCA and i also hv MSc degree
did they really gv admission with out GMAT ?
Yes they do not require GMAT and only IELTS with 7.0 in all abilities. They do have that pre-MBA course but I will suggest you to send them your credentails and they can guide you better. And aslo entering directly to MBA willl not only save time but money too since if you do that pre-MBA course you will get exemption from 1st 6 exams. But do check with them with all your edu. documents
Thanks

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Guys,

Please be advised that if your are applying for a Pre-MBA program from TRU or in any other universities, it will not help you clear visa application.

Kindly search this forum with "Pre-MBA" and you will know more about the program.

P.S: Visa rejections are more for pre-MBA programs even if you are from non-business background.

Have a Great Day..!!

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Advise to everyone : Please dont skip GMAT. GMAT is the base for MBA programme. I know its totally different to MBA studies but its basocally a general test so assess a students IQ and Mental strength.

VISA officers are not that educated, what I mean is .. they are not Professionals or Masters. They just assess an application on the base of studies and quality of the applicant. If you have that X-Factor in your application (e.g GMAT Score or IELTS 8+ Band) I'm sure Chances of rejections are too LOW.

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
wJaz said:
My Advise to everyone : Please dont skip GMAT. GMAT is the base for MBA programme. I know its totally different to MBA studies but its basocally a general test so assess a students IQ and Mental strength.

VISA officers are not that educated, what I mean is .. they are not Professionals or Masters. They just assess an application on the base of studies and quality of the applicant. If you have that X-Factor in your application (e.g GMAT Score or IELTS 8+ Band) I'm sure Chances of rejections are too LOW.
yes you are right but when it is not mandatory for you to take GMAT as per university requirement esp in case of TRU then I do not think there is any need providing that you have related eduaction and experience unlike IELTS which is mandatory. No dount it adds to your profile.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ayaz123 said:
yes you are right but when it is not mandatory for you to take GMAT as per university requirement esp in case of TRU then I do not think there is any need providing that you have related eduaction and experience unlike IELTS which is mandatory. No dount it adds to your profile.

1. No GMAT? It will only make your profile weak. A GMAT score is something which can cover up a lot more in your profile.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enfield said:
Hi,

1. No GMAT? It will only make your profile weak. A GMAT score is something which can cover up a lot more in your profile.

exactly! and dont try to look for collages offering Masters certificate. Collages try to hire international students but they never succeed in Visa process. (well mostly they dont, but sometime they can be lucky enough but only if they have a profile)

secondly a MBA is an MBA and from a good university, Its well enough to get you a job to fill-up your own tummy.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i still recommend to take GMAT and then look for MBA! seriously that's a good idea!

mrprabhu

Feb 16, 2013
chennai
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
IELTS Request
24-11-2012 (6.5 overall, nothing less than 6)
File Transfer...
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
LANDED..........
in a week
hello all, i took my gmat last month, it dragged me away from my thoughts for mba! i received 450 (Q=38, V=15)! highly depressed. my IELTS score is 6.5,(S=7 W=6 L=6.5 R=6.5)! i currently in automobile field, for nearly 3 years, after my graduation (2009)! can you, please, help me in deciding for my MBA. terribly confused. i have just applied for Vancouver Island University and expecting for my admission. what else would you suggest me, than this?