+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA VIU and PGWP

Prit_d

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

I recently applied for MBA program at VIU, can someone please help me with my questions:
1) How much time does VIU take to make a decision a final offer letter?
2) Duration of MBA at VIU is 16 -18 months, based on this what will be duration of PGWP 3 years or 18 months?

I am confused about length of PGWP after reading following from VIU's website:
I am an MBA graduate and applied for a PGWP with my final transcripts but I was granted only 18 months of Work Permit, what can I do about it?

If your program of study is less than two years but at least eight months, you would be eligible for a work permit lasting for the period equal to the duration of your studies. The VIU Letter of Graduation usually confirms that the MBA program is the equivalent of two-years of study. You may reapply to request a PGWP for the full two years. It is the Immigration Officer’s discretion to grant or reject the request.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
VIU takes 2-3 weeks to decide on your admission if you meet all their criteria.
All masters/PhD program with duration ranging from 16-23 months are eligible for a 3 years PGWP and this is clearly specified on IRCC site.

Prit_d

Sep 8, 2018
VIU takes 2-3 weeks to decide on your admission if you meet all their criteria.
All masters/PhD program with duration ranging from 16-23 months are eligible for a 3 years PGWP and this is clearly specified on IRCC site.
Thanks a lot for the reply!