+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA Study

immg

Jan 5, 2012
Hi everybody

I am a new comer and would like to do my MBA , so I was wondering if there any university in Ontario can accept me providing that I am a fresh graduate and have no GMAT . I will be very grateful for your help and comments.

Thanks

ggiwebinfo

Jan 17, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to all universities in Ontario requires MBA with GMAT...You can also check the below websites

canadian-universities.net/MBA/MBA_GMAT_Scores.html

Here you can get the good details about GMAT...

herald

Feb 14, 2013
Well fellow you need to do GMAT first in order to apply for MBA. If you did that do apply then but make sure to apply in other cities as the Ontario may be little costly for you.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
immg said:
Hi everybody

I am a new comer and would like to do my MBA , so I was wondering if there any university in Ontario can accept me providing that I am a fresh graduate and have no GMAT . I will be very grateful for your help and comments.

Thanks

Hi,

Please don't get discouraged by the below information. It is just my personal view after exploring a lot in this field.

You need to have two things if you wish to go for MBA in a good university:
1) Good academic scores along with a decent GMAT score
2) Minimum 2-3 years of managerial work experience in relative field

I was placed in the same situation as you were sometime back on MBA, but then dropped the plan as i couldn't crack GMAT and didn't get admission in any reputed university with my score. I also would like to share the information that I have gathered on Non-GMAT universities which can be of some help to you:

I understand how hard these facts are going to be, but please don't get dejected.
In a class of 22 I couldn't find even one with a job after 1 year of program completion. I was lucky enough to meet a alumnae from one of these universities and was completely shocked to hear the fate of students with MBA degrees. If you are anxious only about getting a MBA tag to your name, these are the best ones for that. MBA from the below universities will definitely offer you a quality degree, but job prospects after MBA from them are pretty low. If you are confident about your capabilities and ready to spend some really valuable money, please go ahead with them.

Below are the few universities that offer MBA without GMAT in Canada:

•TRU - Clear pre-MBA program which is of 8 months and secure a place in their 10 months MBA program - Min 3 years work experience required
•VIU- 16 months dual degree program MBA & MIB - no work experience required
•Royal Roads - Min 6-7 Years work experience required
•Brock - MBA (International Student Program) - 18 months program - Focuses mainly on effective north-American communication
•University of New Brunswick – GMAT waiver will be given if you have good academic scores.

Personally I feel a PG certificate degree from a reputed college on very low cost is equivalent to masters from these universities.

Also please be advised that visa rejections will be comparatively high for these universities.

All the best..!!

amulyav

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
would there be any problem at the time of visa, if we are going to a business school with out a GMAT score? coz in the case of US, they reject the applications who dont have the GRE score going to a school which doesn't require a GRE score? please any one answer my question.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
amulyav said:
would there be any problem at the time of visa, if we are going to a business school with out a GMAT score? coz in the case of US, they reject the applications who dont have the GRE score going to a school which doesn't require a GRE score? please any one answer my question.
That would not be the case always.

Now that you have got admission for non-GMAT accepting universities. Visa rejection depends on your program alignment to previous studies, work experience and few other factors.

As your university is not a tier 1, you will have to show your profile in such a way it convinces the VO.