+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Congrats brbr :)

that means your decision was made on the spot despite they never handed out the oath letter, which you have gotten few days after.

congratulations and happy for you to celebrate the new year as Canadian :)

I contacted CIC in my part, and no decision on file yet, so ceremony date is not even in the picture until they finish working on my file. God knows how patient I have been with this entire process.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hello everyone
Congratulations for everyone who got test invite or oath .. Wish y all the best
May I ask if anybody May applicant is hamilton office ??? Seems no movement there ??!!
Appreciate anyone's response

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvppaa said:
Thanks xenon.

I was eagerly waiting for this test and it is exactly scheduled on a week I am away. So unfortunate. Do not know to cancel my vacation or reschedule. When I called CIC they told me it can be anytime within 1.5 year ???
That's unfortunate! I have a couple of friends who rescheduled their test as they were away. One got a new test date after a month and the second one after 3 months. It's a matter of luck I guess.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
Congrats brbr :)

that means your decision was made on the spot despite they never handed out the oath letter, which you have gotten few days after.

congratulations and happy for you to celebrate the new year as Canadian :)

I contacted CIC in my part, and no decision on file yet, so ceremony date is not even in the picture until they finish working on my file. God knows how patient I have been with this entire process.
haha ummmmm maybe... the exam was on the 28th in the AM and yeah, they don't usually hand oath letters at the time I guess. The Oath invitation was dated as December 4th and I just received it in the mail today, I guess they need time to prepare the citizenship certificate and assign people to available ceremonies and all that good stuff! Best of luck Blackbook! keep us posted :D

vvppaa

Nov 8, 2011
PalCan said:
That's unfortunate! I have a couple of friends who rescheduled their test as they were away. One got a new test date after a month and the second one after 3 months. It's a matter of luck I guess.
Thanks PAlCan. I guess I will cancel my trip.It really depends of luck.I do not want to wait another year for test.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
My app was recvd on May 28th 2014 too......no movement in my case yet.... Scarborough office......waiting patiently. Hope to have it by March as that's when planning to go to Australia.

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got off the phone with cic...it appears my application was transferred to the local office in October. They said I have to wait for updates and that it might take up to 18 months!!

Anyway I'll be away for Christmas and newyears (informed cic too) so wanted to wish everyone happy holidays and best of luck with your applications.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to all who received Test Invites / Oath letters.

Some movement for May applicants.

Scarborough office also - there is some movement. Good.

Do you agree Single applicants files are moving faster? I know with family there are multiple people.... but I am just mentioning generally....

My file is yet to reach Scarborough office..... Long wait.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Congratulations to all who received Test Invites / Oath letters.

Some movement for May applicants.

Scarborough office also - there is some movement. Good.

Do you agree Single applicants files are moving faster? I know with family there are multiple people.... but I am just mentioning generally....

My file is yet to reach Scarborough office..... Long wait.
How did you know you file is not yet at Scarb office? The number of applicants on the application might not be a good determinant of how fast the file is moving.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fernendez said:
How did you know you file is not yet at Scarb office? The number of applicants on the application might not be a good determinant of how fast the file is moving.
Hi

I called CIC 3 days back and they told me that it is "In Transit". Not yet reached my local office... ( I mentioned Scarborough as it is closer)....

pradeepkumar_v

May 30, 2008
East York, ON., Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2174 - Programmer Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-08-16
AOR Received.
2010-12-06
Med's Request
2011-07-11
Med's Done....
2011-07-26
Passport Req..
2011-09-22
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-11
LANDED..........
2011-10-11
Hey everyone,

I received the citizenship test letter yesterday, dated Dec. 5, 2014 to appear for the test scheduled Dec. 23, 2014 in the morning.

Thanks,

Pradeep

radwa

Dec 3, 2014
Good news comes from Scarborough office .
congrats for every one who got test letter and I wish I'll here something from them before the end of 2014 .

pradeepkumar_v

May 30, 2008
East York, ON., Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
2174 - Programmer Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-08-16
AOR Received.
2010-12-06
Med's Request
2011-07-11
Med's Done....
2011-07-26
Passport Req..
2011-09-22
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-11
LANDED..........
2011-10-11
Thanks ahmadtajwer! Hope everyone hears soon!

ahmadtajwer said:
Congrats Bro !!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
So I called CIC just now. My file is in Scarborough office and as per agent, they just finished background checks on my case. He said they'll soon issue a letter to write test. No indication of how long it would be though. Glad to hear that finally heading in the right direction