Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Congrats Bella Señorita!! :)

SenoritaBella said:
EDIT: Should read 'memorable moments' not 'memory moments'.

Had my oath today!! I barely slept last night. lol

The ceremony was beautiful and Minister Alexander was present. He said the new rule (4 out of 6 yrs to qualify for citizenship) will come into effect next summer. I must say he looks so charming in person. lol I got a photo with him. :D

First was registration. There is a 3-digit number (e.g. 020) on the oath notice, next to the location address. They follow this numbering for registration and to receive your certificate. After registration, there was an informal discussion in groups of about 8 to discuss 'memorable moments' when you first came to Canada, what it means to be Canadian, etc. Afterwards, one person from each group came up and shared with the others. We also got Tim Hortons gift cards.

Next was comments from the Judge and Minister Alexander, then the oath. After that, we got our certificates. We were also given a flag, maple leaf pin and a Cultural Access Pass (valid for 1 year). There is also a discount through Via Rail.

Later was the cutting of the cake and photos. There were 50 new citizens from 20 countries. I also learnt today that it's disrepectful to drop the Canadian flag on the ground.

Something surprised me - native-born citizens were just as happy. One thing that was repeated a lot was how proud they were that we chose Canada out of all the other countries. It was really nice to hear and to see it, because this is something that's not always possible to notice or feel in your daily life.

If you have any friends that are native-born citizens, please invite them to your oath ceremony if possible. Majority of them don't know what really goes on but would love to experience it. My friends were very happy that I invited them, otherwise they won't get a chance to see it again.

Wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of the process. I'll still be around so feel free to ask questions, etc. Good evening!

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
First of all congrats to Senorita bella.... :)

I went back to Newfoundland (I am now living in Calgary since September) yesterday to take my citizenship exam. It lasted for about 30 minutes and there are only 4 of us who took the exam. After the exam, I was interviewed by an officer, he took my papers and checked my passport against the residency calculator. After she finished, she told me to wait and she will tell if I pass the exam or not. Thank God, I passed. I told her that I already moved to Calgary and she said to call the CIC hotline for the transfer of my file.

Right now, I am just waiting for my oath here in Calgary. Hope it would be soon.

Thanks....

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
CPA2CANADA said:
First of all congrats to Senorita bella.... :)

I went back to Newfoundland (I am now living in Calgary since September) yesterday to take my citizenship exam. It lasted for about 30 minutes and there are only 4 of us who took the exam. After the exam, I was interviewed by an officer, he took my papers and checked my passport against the residency calculator. After she finished, she told me to wait and she will tell if I pass the exam or not. Thank God, I passed. I told her that I already moved to Calgary and she said to call the CIC hotline for the transfer of my file.

Right now, I am just waiting for my oath here in Calgary. Hope it would be soon.

Thanks....
Only 4 people took the test???????? No wonder some people say that there are more seals in Newfoundland than CIC officers, that's why the process is a bit longer. But for 4 applicants only, even 1 officer could finish the job in less than 1 week.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
BLT said:
Only 4 people took the test???????? No wonder some people say that there are more seals in Newfoundland than CIC officers, that's why the process is a bit longer. But for 4 applicants only, even 1 officer could finish the job in less than 1 week.
100% agreed with BLT

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
SenoritaBella said:
EDIT: Should read 'memorable moments' not 'memory moments'.

Had my oath today!! I barely slept last night. lol

The ceremony was beautiful and Minister Alexander was present. He said the new rule (4 out of 6 yrs to qualify for citizenship) will come into effect next summer. I must say he looks so charming in person. lol I got a photo with him. :D

First was registration. There is a 3-digit number (e.g. 020) on the oath notice, next to the location address. They follow this numbering for registration and to receive your certificate. After registration, there was an informal discussion in groups of about 8 to discuss 'memorable moments' when you first came to Canada, what it means to be Canadian, etc. Afterwards, one person from each group came up and shared with the others. We also got Tim Hortons gift cards.

Next was comments from the Judge and Minister Alexander, then the oath. After that, we got our certificates. We were also given a flag, maple leaf pin and a Cultural Access Pass (valid for 1 year). There is also a discount through Via Rail.

Later was the cutting of the cake and photos. There were 50 new citizens from 20 countries. I also learnt today that it's disrepectful to drop the Canadian flag on the ground.

Something surprised me - native-born citizens were just as happy. One thing that was repeated a lot was how proud they were that we chose Canada out of all the other countries. It was really nice to hear and to see it, because this is something that's not always possible to notice or feel in your daily life.

If you have any friends that are native-born citizens, please invite them to your oath ceremony if possible. Majority of them don't know what really goes on but would love to experience it. My friends were very happy that I invited them, otherwise they won't get a chance to see it again.

Wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of the process. I'll still be around so feel free to ask questions, etc. Good evening!
Congratulations SenoritaBella, The Brand New Canadian Citizen!

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
I am new to this forum. Here is my timeline :

Application received : May 26
Start of Processing : July 22
Received line dissapearance : Sept 16

No test date yet....
Application : Family

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
First of all, Congratulations to Canadian Senorita!! :)

I recall Senorita has had a trouble accessing her eCase and then she claimed it was probably a glitch. Interesting enough, I can no longer access my ecase today! It was working well as of yesterday but i guess this is no longer the case.

Senorita, do you recall after not being able to access your ecase, has there been changes to your timeline? has there been any updates? I am trying to see if this is any patterns to that like the receive line disappearance.

I will let you know if i can access my ecase again.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
interesting enough, after posting my previous comment, I can now access ecase (nothing changed in regards to timeline)

What i noticed the site we very slow and it is possible there was too much load on it could not properly connect to database or whatever the case maybe. I think it back and more responsive now and was able to access my ecase. The issue I had it was NOT recognizing my information, but now it seems to find me fine.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RizGav28 said:
I am new to this forum. Here is my timeline :

No test date yet....
Welcome to the forum, RizGav28 and good luck! :)

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
aed said:
Welcome to the forum, RizGav28 and good luck! :)
Thanks Aed, I have been reading all the posts since I have submitted our documents. It's quite exciting how fast people seem to be getting their citizenship but now that it's our turn it feels like it is taking forever :) It seems a bit slow for May applicants don't you think ? Or maybe I am just impatient.....

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RizGav28 said:
Thanks Aed, I have been reading all the posts since I have submitted our documents. It's quite exciting how fast people seem to be getting their citizenship but now that it's our turn it feels like it is taking forever :) It seems a bit slow for May applicants don't you think ? Or maybe I am just impatient.....

Hi RizGav28

May we know your timeline please ?

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
djsunman said:
Hi RizGav28

May we know your timeline please ?

Hi there Djsunman,
Here is my timeline:

No test date yet....

djsunman

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RizGav28 said:
Hi there Djsunman,
Here is my timeline:

No test date yet....

Hi RizGav28

Thanks for the update. which is your local office ?

I have a similar timeline too

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
djsunman said:
Hi RizGav28

Thanks for the update. which is your local office ?

I have a similar timeline too
I am from North York . I am not so sure which local office we will be assigned to . Any ideas?