+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aed said:
If you already have CBSA report and your passport, I don't think there's anything else you can take. If you travelled by plane, you can take boarding passes or etickets (can be ordered from the airline company for some extra fee). You could also get the US border services agency report... But, it's like pulling out teeth, or so I heard. Definitely, not quick. Good luck! :)
I applied 2 n half month ago, still not issued.

but u r more than welcome to try, maybe u will have better luck

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:

:eek: ouch

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
EDIT: Should read 'memorable moments' not 'memory moments'.

Had my oath today!! I barely slept last night. lol

The ceremony was beautiful and Minister Alexander was present. He said the new rule (4 out of 6 yrs to qualify for citizenship) will come into effect next summer. I must say he looks so charming in person. lol I got a photo with him. :D

First was registration. There is a 3-digit number (e.g. 020) on the oath notice, next to the location address. They follow this numbering for registration and to receive your certificate. After registration, there was an informal discussion in groups of about 8 to discuss 'memorable moments' when you first came to Canada, what it means to be Canadian, etc. Afterwards, one person from each group came up and shared with the others. We also got Tim Hortons gift cards.

Next was comments from the Judge and Minister Alexander, then the oath. After that, we got our certificates. We were also given a flag, maple leaf pin and a Cultural Access Pass (valid for 1 year). There is also a discount through Via Rail.

Later was the cutting of the cake and photos. There were 50 new citizens from 20 countries. I also learnt today that it's disrepectful to drop the Canadian flag on the ground.

Something surprised me - native-born citizens were just as happy. One thing that was repeated a lot was how proud they were that we chose Canada out of all the other countries. It was really nice to hear and to see it, because this is something that's not always possible to notice or feel in your daily life.

If you have any friends that are native-born citizens, please invite them to your oath ceremony if possible. Majority of them don't know what really goes on but would love to experience it. My friends were very happy that I invited them, otherwise they won't get a chance to see it again.

Wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of the process. I'll still be around so feel free to ask questions, etc. Good evening!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is an emotional moment. big congrats dear, wish you all the best

SenoritaBella said:

The ceremony was beautiful and Minister Alexander was present. He said the new rule (4 out of 6 yrs to qualify for citizenship) will come into effect next summer. I must say he looks so charming in person. lol I got a photo with him. :D

First was registration. There is a 3-digit number (e.g. 020) on the oath notice, next to the location address. They follow this numbering for registration and to receive your certificate. After registration, there was an informal discussion in groups of about 8 to discuss 'memory moments' when you first came to Canada, what it means to be Canadian, etc. Afterwards, one person from each group came up and shared with the others. We also got Tim Hortons gift cards.

Next was comments from the Judge and Minister Alexander, then the oath. After that, we got our certificates. We were also given a flag, maple leaf pin and a Cultural Access Pass (valid for 1 year). There is also a discount through Via Rail.

Later was the cutting of the cake and photos. There were 50 new citizens from 20 countries. I also learnt today that it's disrepectful to drop the Canadian flag on the ground.

Something surprised me - native-born citizens were just as happy. One thing that was repeated a lot was how proud they were that we chose Canada out of all the other countries. It was really nice to hear and to see it, because this is something that's not always possible to notice or feel in your daily life.

If you have any friends that are native-born citizens, please invite them to your oath ceremony if possible. Majority of them don't know what really goes on but would love to experience it. My friends were very happy that I invited them, otherwise they won't get a chance to see it again.

Wish everyone the best of luck with the rest of the process. I'll still be around so feel free to ask questions, etc. Good evening!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minister twitted that hes in halifax,but as far as i know, u r in mississauga. now i am confused

KrisinNS

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2012
SenoritaBella said:

First was registration. There is a 3-digit number (e.g. 020) on the oath notice, next to the location address. They follow this numbering for registration and to receive your certificate. After registration, there was an informal discussion in groups of about 8 to discuss 'memory moments' when you first came to Canada, what it means to be Canadian, etc. Afterwards, one person from each group came up and shared with the others. We also got Tim Hortons gift cards.

Congratulations and thank you for the detailed description. I bet you were in Dartmouth, NS, because there was a news report about your ceremony in the Chronicle Herald! Wish you the best for the future.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Lol... I guess I'm in two cities. Nah, Mississauga is an error and I'm not sure how it got on the spreadsheet.

u4g5 said:
Minister twitted that hes in halifax,but as far as i know, u r in mississauga. now i am confused

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
It must be very cold there in Halifax. Over here in Vancouver, today we have a sunny 16C. What a perfect day for driving around with open top, or walking around in the best park in the world, Stanley Park.
People from Halifax, don't get jealous. ;D

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Lucky you! It is cold over here, Sunday was even worse. Enjoy it... you know, I was admitted to a university there but due to distance(other end of country), my parents settled for the east coast.

BLT said:
It must be very cold there in Halifax. Over here in Vancouver, today we have a sunny 16C. What a perfect day for driving around with open top, or walking around in the best park in the world, Stanley Park.
People from Halifax, don't get jealous. ;D

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
EDIT: Should read 'memorable moments' not 'memory moments'.

First was registration. There is a 3-digit number (e.g. 020) on the oath notice, next to the location address. They follow this numbering for registration and to receive your certificate. After registration, there was an informal discussion in groups of about 8 to discuss 'memorable moments' when you first came to Canada, what it means to be Canadian, etc. Afterwards, one person from each group came up and shared with the others. We also got Tim Hortons gift cards.

Congratulations, SenioritaBella! :D

Inmate

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
06-04-2020
Congrats SenioritaBella :)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
Lucky you! It is cold over here, Sunday was even worse. Enjoy it... you know, I was admitted to a university there but due to distance(other end of country), my parents settled for the east coast.
Well, at least the oath room feels very warm indeed. Congratulation, new citizen!!! 8)

rm34

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:

I got mine in 5 weeks and I also attached a copy with my application. I suggest calling CBSA to follow up.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Most May 2014 applications are still in Sydney undergoinv back ground checks. Everyone has to be calm as Senorita is exceptionally lucky.