VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
No news here...aoummmmmmm :)

mrecha

Oct 9, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have applied in May 2014, in process July, i have received the famous letter this week to write the test on the 23rd of October. Two days ago, an agent called (private number) to inform me that my test is rather the 22nd of October (made me happier). Today another agent called me to inform that in fact i am writing the test at a different, unknown, date. I asked why, the answer was that the test date got cancelled (pretty generic answer). I also asked when am i rescheduled to take the test, the person did not know. I asked when can i expect to receive the new notice, the agent answered that they will mail it to me two weeks from now.

I am not sure what to think. Has anyone experienced similar? Any advice? I am really hoping i don't get RQed.

Thank you everyone.

And my local office is Mississauga.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrecha said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have applied in May 2014, in process July, i have received the famous letter this week to write the test on the 23rd of October. Two days ago, an agent called (private number) to inform me that my test is rather the 22nd of October (made me happier). Today another agent called me to inform that in fact i am writing the test at a different, unknown, date. I asked why, the answer was that the test date got cancelled (pretty generic answer). I also asked when am i rescheduled to take the test, the person did not know. I asked when can i expect to receive the new notice, the agent answered that they will mail it to me two weeks from now.

I am not sure what to think. Has anyone experienced similar? Any advice? I am really hoping i don't get RQed.

Thank you everyone.

Welcome to the forum mrecha,

Thank you for sharing this info. with the rest of us May 2014 applicants. I have not personally received any such info. on my file, at least not yet. I hope that you get a proper exam time/reschedule in the next 2 weeks :) Please keep us posted! My office is supposedly Mississauga as well and my file details are in my signature line below. Best of luck friend! :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Call the CIC call centre and ask for the status of your file. Wait for the agent to tell you what they can see, before you mention the test notice.

I've not had this kind of experience but I don't think you need to worry about RQ. Sounds like it's more a logistics thing(scheduling conflicts) than a problem with your application per se.

mrecha said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you everyone.

vvppaa

Nov 8, 2011
Hi,

I called CIC yesterday and they said my file is still in sydney.

My file has been received on May 15th and the processing started on July 16th, 2014.

Has any May applicant's file been transfered to local office. Please share.

Thanks

Kelly77

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My received line disappeared yester-night. What is that supposed to mean?

When should I expect a test invite?

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
mrecha said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you everyone.

Call CIC and asked them if your test date still Oct 23 as test notice says. Never mention about received call.

mrecha

Oct 9, 2014
Thanks a lot you guys for your help. So i called CIC and They have told me that in fact my test day is the 27th and they have sent me another letter with the updated info to appear for the Test.

I will keep you posted if anything else changes :).

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrecha said:
Thanks a lot you guys for your help. So i called CIC and They have told me that in fact my test day is the 27th and they have sent me another letter with the updated info to appear for the Test.

I will keep you posted if anything else changes :).
Congrats.

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kelly77 said:
Yes it carries some meaning......but not sure what???
Not sure how true this is but I incidentally just read this on another thread about the received line dissappearance ..

There seem to be differing opinions on this...

A) it's nothing (e.g. mysterious system glitch)
B) it's something good (e.g. file officially transferred to local office, some approval met (e.g. background checks), or next step is coming soon
C) it's something bad (e.g RQ is inbound)
D) all of the above.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
receive line disappearance happens due to an action. From Software prospective a system will not change behaviour unless something has triggered it. A glitch would not make sense either otherwise we would have all receive line disappearance at the "same time". That being said, receive line disappearance certainly means an action has happened to your case.
It could mean:

A) Background check has been completed, yet file may still be in Sydny
B) Background check has been completed, yet file is in Transit Queue and would be sent from Sydny and did not leave CPC office yet.
C) Background check has been completed, and file has been sent to CIC office.
D) Background check has NOT been completed, but additional Information is needed and it was assigned to CPC officer. RQ or Finger Print may be required.
E) none of the above, but an action has been made but certainly from CPC and not CIC.

I have been trying to analyze the pattern, and found the cases mentioned above. One thing to know for sure that there was an action made to your case and it is triggered from CPC office and not CIC. It also means your file has been reviewed from CPC and your case is the end of the tail of CPC stage and about to go to CIC. now the end of the tail could also mean RQ, which could take a little long.

Most repeated pattern in the Line Disappearance case was the fact was transferred to CIC or still in sydny and about to be transferred to CIC local office.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
Blackbook said:
receive line disappearance happens due to an action. From Software prospective a system will not change behaviour unless something has triggered it. A glitch would not make sense either otherwise we would have all receive line disappearance at the "same time". That being said, receive line disappearance certainly means an action has happened to your case.
It could mean:

A) Background check has been completed, yet file may still be in Sydny
B) Background check has been completed, yet file is in Transit Queue and would be sent from Sydny and did not leave CPC office yet.
C) Background check has been completed, and file has been sent to CIC office.
D) Background check has NOT been completed, but additional Information is needed and it was assigned to CPC officer. RQ may be required.
E) none of the above, but an action has been made but certainly from CPC and not CIC.

I have been trying to analyze the pattern, and found the cases mentioned above. One thing to know for sure that there was an action made to your case and it is triggered from CPC office and not CIC. It also means your file has been reviewed from CPC and your case is the end of the tail of CPC stage and about to go to CIC. now the end of the tail could also mean RQ, which could take a little long.

Most repeated pattern in the Line Disappearance case was the fact was transferred to CIC or still in sydny and about to be transferred to CIC local office.
After my received line disappear I got request for FP within 2 weeks