+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
OH God :-\ i sent mine by registered mail of Canada post and i put courier address. does it mean that i sent it to the wrong address too???? ???
not if u see your ECAS is being activated

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi All,

FEDEX just called me to inform me that the package is infact delivered to the correct address. She said that 47 Dorchester is the Screening facility and the courier first has to go through before being finally sent to 49 Dorchester.

This information gives me some hope that it was delivered to correct location.

Again - this brings back my question - if it was delivered on May 5th, ECAS should have been updated by now ..... Should I wait one or two weeks.
'
My dilemma is - SHOULD I NEED TO SEND THE APPLICATION AGAIN? AM I LOSING TIME in waiting ?
Hi .. Sorry for all this but try to calm down .. My simple suggestion is to follow the options that cic gave you as follows.. Send a letter with the tracking as informed and wait it out for mb 2 wks max 3 wks and follow up on both Ecas and calling cic .( asking about ur letter and it's result ... Ie did they find ur lost application or not ).. During which prepare another package of application( take ur time to prepare it carefully as y did in the first one ) if nothing positive appears then call cic and tell them y will hv to send another application upon their recommendation and do so
Yes there is a delay ... But give them the benefit of the doubt mb yy will not hv to send another one after all .. But at the end y followed both their recommendation

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@ We love Canada, sorry about this situation.

Like you I also had problems(with Canada Post) and ended up sending a second application. I suggest you follow the instructions given by the CIC agent.
When I was having problems, I found a phone number and fax number for CPC-Sydney on google. If you want this information, I can send it to your inbox (let me know).
But please: before you fax any personal information to the number, call CIC helpdesk and ask them to confirm if both the phone number and fax number are currently those of CPC-Sydney. Or you can mail a letter as was suggested by the CIC agent.

It is a little unusual that your ecas is not active yet but consider completing another application and include a cover letter explaining the situation. You can also include a waybill and ask them nicely to please return one of the applications to you (that's what I did, though I have not received the 2nd application back yet).

Also, if you complete a 2nd application, make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, if i registered my application with Canada post, does is mean to send to courier address or regular address?
thanks

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My family applications updated after 11 weeks on 22 July. However, I sent ATIP request on physical file's status a week before and received reply from CIC that applications received and will be processed as pe the date it was received. And after 2-3 days I found eCAS updated.

So, you may request for AITP or may wait few more days as 3 month wait for eCAS update in these days looks normal..

ankj

Sep 27, 2010
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECas is now active.

I can see two lines..

MY NAME In Process
MY NAME Received

When I click on Received... I am getting this text...

We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications. To find out how long it takes to process a routine application, please consult the Application Processing Times.

When I click on In Process.... I am getting below text...

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May XX, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May XX, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July XX, 2014.

Is this normal to have 2 lines. I applied with my Wife.. Kids are already Canadian....

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi All,

First - this is my situation

I sent application on May 1st, 2014. It was received on May 5th, 2014 and signed by M.KRSZWDA.

For the last few days - I was thinking that i will have my Ecas updated as everybody else who sent in May 2014. To my surprise, when I called CIC today, they mentioned that they don't have any record of mine in the system.

No note, nothing. Even they mentioned that they haven't had any record of the receipt of my application. My FEDEX tracking shows it is delivered and signed.

The agent suggested two options:
1. Send letter with tracking number, who signed it and etc etc
2. Send new application with everything - just like a new application

What would you suggest? This is utter nonsense. They simply put the burden on us even though we have the proof that it is delivered. If I start from scratch again, I almost lost 3 months already. They will pick up my application ( if it is successful second time :mad: in reaching).

Please advise friends
NO matter how many new times you send a new application, it will be picked up by some guy at the first floor of the building on the 47 Dorchester St side of the quarter -- got confirmation by an acquaintance who lives and works in Sydney. He drove by to check the numbers -- same buildings, different door on the street...

Now, the flag they use to forward your envelope to 49 Dorchester (next door, that is) is the "GRANT ADULT" words you put on your addressee line.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
could you please share the day cic received your application?

ankj said:
My ECas is now active.

I can see two lines..

MY NAME In Process
MY NAME Received

When I click on Received... I am getting this text...

We received your payment, along with one or more citizenship applications. To find out how long it takes to process a routine application, please consult the Application Processing Times.

When I click on In Process.... I am getting below text...

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May XX, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May XX, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July XX, 2014.

Is this normal to have 2 lines. I applied with my Wife.. Kids are already Canadian....

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
guys, if i registered my application with Canada post, does is mean to send to courier address or regular address?
thanks
using courier address for canada post is fine as long as you sent it with express or priority mail with delivery confirmation.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[
quote author=xenon link=topic=201261.msg3368267#msg3368267 date=1406439780]
using courier address for canada post is fine as long as you sent it with express or priority mail with delivery confirmation.
[/quote]

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for your valuable inputs regarding my application.

From Empirical-Scientist's post - I can see that even though the application is delivered to 47 - it will be forwarded to 49 Dorchester.

FEDEX confirmed that they delivered it. That means - I am good that the application in fact was delivered and is with CIC.

As suggested by Rayman_m - I will request ATIP request on physical status. At the same time, I will simultaneously prepare another application and get everything ready (Thanks May 2014 for your post)

I will keep checking CIC/ECAS for another one to two weeks - if by luck, ECAS is activated then I will be okay. Meanwhile - ATIP can tell me whether CIC agrees that they have received - ha ha.

I will try all the possible means. I appreciate all your replies friends... this is the power of this forum.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayman_m - Can you please let me know how you have done ATIP? Because we don't still have any record created there? And also, in the ATIP, we cannot put any information except that we can ask about our citizenship file. Appreciate if you let me know what exactly you filled in as my case is similar to yours.

And you mentioned that you applied on 15/16th July right. How long it took to get reply? Did you apply "Email option" to receive the reply? Did you select Electronic file or Physical file? Sorry to bother you - but this is first time....