+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

Mill52314

May 25, 2014
PalCan said:
Hi everyone,

I have received in my mailbox today an invite to take the test on Feb 26th. The package also included a letter mentioning that I would be part of an oath ceremony on the same day if I pass the test and if my application is approved.

My question to those who received the test invite...did everyone receive this part about the path?

Good luck to all!
Yes, I received by mail the same package like you (letter to notice citizenship test, interview & oath ceremony the same day). My invitation is by February 10th, and my local office is Montreal too.

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mill52314 said:
Yes, I received by mail the same package like you (letter to notice citizenship test, interview & oath ceremony the same day). My invitation is by February 10th, and my local office is Montreal too.
Thanks and good luck!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PalCan said:
Thanks and good luck!
Hi PlanCan,

I did receive the same package in January. I took my test and had my interview yesterday and everything was planned so all the successful candidates would have the ceremony the same day. I had the chance to become Canadian 1 hour only after submitting my test copy. Very meaningful moment :)

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admontreal said:
Hi PlanCan,

I did receive the same package in January. I took my test and had my interview yesterday and everything was planned so all the successful candidates would have the ceremony the same day. I had the chance to become Canadian 1 hour only after submitting my test copy. Very meaningful moment :)
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
chinachan said:
Hello!

My office is also Hamilton. I hope you did well in test.

Any update after test? Please let me know!
Yes indeed , test was easy got 20/20 .. Officer asked for my translation then she returned it back because there was already one on file .. Asked me if I work .. I said I just graduated from mcmaster .. Checked my passport against the translation and said expect oath letter in 6- 8 wks .. Approx by beginning of March
All was straight forward .. Gdluck

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
suze_h said:
Hi all, I received a notice in the mail today to take my Citizenship test in Ottawa on February 2nd. Only problem is, I will be in England on February 2nd! Typical! Does anyone have any experience rescheduling tests?
My personal opinion and advice is not to make that trip and stay for the oath .. Someone on this forum was having a training inside Canada and rescheduled his oath and ended up with a RQ .. Pls think carefully and weigh your priorities
Gdluck

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May2014 said:
Yes indeed , test was easy got 20/20 .. Officer asked for my translation then she returned it back because there was already one on file .. Asked me if I work .. I said I just graduated from mcmaster .. Checked my passport against the translation and said expect oath letter in 6- 8 wks .. Approx by beginning of March
All was straight forward .. Gdluck

Thank you for returning back to me.
I am going to have test tomorrow.

Hope you get your oath letter soon.

Please let us know when you receive it.

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Test - Dec 23rd 2014
Oath - Feb 7th 2015
Letter sent - Jan 21, 2015

**Note that the 7th is on a Saturday - didn't realize that they also did ceremonies on the weekends! :)

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
chinachan said:
Thank you for returning back to me.
I am going to have test tomorrow.

Hope you get your oath letter soon.

Please let us know when you receive it.
Hi,

Please update us with your test & interview experience.

Could you share your timeline please.

I am also from Hamilton.

Thanks,

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iebo said:
Hi,

Please update us with your test & interview experience.

Could you share your timeline please.

I am also from Hamilton.

Thanks,
Hi,

Actually I am not May 2014 applicants. I am Nov 2013 but my photo was not accepted so I had to re-send and this cause delay.

Application sent Nov 05 2013
Application started processing on Jan 10 2014
doc request on Apr 9 2014
Test Jan 29
Oath...?

Test was really easy I got 20/20. I red book only 3 times.
I prepared all the original documents requested but they only checked my passport stamps.
I forgot to input one of trips to US (by air 6 days) on my application form but it was not problem for application.
I was told that I will receive oath letter within 8-12 weeks! which is kinda long...
I have travel on May 1 but I am ready to cancel unless my application completed.

Thaks

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
chinachan said:
Hi,

Actually I am not May 2014 applicants. I am Nov 2013 but my photo was not accepted so I had to re-send and this cause delay.

Application sent Nov 05 2013
Application started processing on Jan 10 2014
doc request on Apr 9 2014
Test Jan 29
Oath...?

Test was really easy I got 20/20. I red book only 3 times.
I prepared all the original documents requested but they only checked my passport stamps.
I forgot to input one of trips to US (by air 6 days) on my application form but it was not problem for application.
I was told that I will receive oath letter within 8-12 weeks! which is kinda long...
I have travel on May 1 but I am ready to cancel unless my application completed.

Thaks
Thanks Chinachan,

WhiteSpace

Dec 4, 2014
Hi guys,

I had my test yesterday. The ceremony took place 1 hour after the test + interview. I became canadian citizen on the same day. The test was pretty easy and the interview was really smooth.

Application received : 13 May 2014
Test + Ceremony : 30 January 2015
Office : Montreal

Good luck to everyone ! It's a good feeling to enter to the ceremony room as a permanent resident, and to quit it as a Canadian citizen :)

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
WhiteSpace said:
Hi guys,

I had my test yesterday. The ceremony took place 1 hour after the test + interview. I became canadian citizen on the same day. The test was pretty easy and the interview was really smooth.

Application received : 13 May 2014
Test + Ceremony : 30 January 2015
Office : Montreal

Good luck to everyone ! It's a good feeling to enter to the ceremony room as a permanent resident, and to quit it as a Canadian citizen :)
Congrats and good luck with your future endeavours