+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

tor14

Aug 18, 2014
Hi,

I applied in May 15 and my ecas was activated July 15. Since then my application
is under process in Scarborough office. My received line disappeared late August
and no news from cici yet.

After a few calls to cic, which were not useful at all, I ordered my ATIP a month ago.
In the ATIP everything is fine and they are waiting for RCM clearance to come through
since November 10. I have passed all other clearances and my application is considered
routine. Is it normal for RCMP to be this late for clearance? In the file it says they have sent
the batch to RCMP and it is still under process.

Thanks

ASTROO

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a great forum since it's focusing only may 2014 applicants :) Kindly update if someone received PPR for 20 may application from NDVO visa office.. thanks in advance

suze_h

Star Member
Oct 27, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I received a notice in the mail today to take my Citizenship test in Ottawa on February 2nd. Only problem is, I will be in England on February 2nd! Typical! Does anyone have any experience rescheduling tests?

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have received in my mailbox today an invite to take the test on Feb 26th. The package also included a letter mentioning that I would be part of an oath ceremony on the same day if I pass the test and if my application is approved.

My question to those who received the test invite...did everyone receive this part about the path?

Good luck to all!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats, some Mississauga applicants had the same letter. what is your local office?

PalCan said:
Hi everyone,

I have received in my mailbox today an invite to take the test on Feb 26th. The package also included a letter mentioning that I would be part of an oath ceremony on the same day if I pass the test and if my application is approved.

My question to those who received the test invite...did everyone receive this part about the path?

Good luck to all!

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats, finally ottawa is moving.

suze_h said:
Hi all, I received a notice in the mail today to take my Citizenship test in Ottawa on February 2nd. Only problem is, I will be in England on February 2nd! Typical! Does anyone have any experience rescheduling tests?

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Hi Palcan,

It seems this is a new process now as I have seen the same information about having the "oath ceremony" on the same day of their test exam. (I remember in the past 2005 and 2006, this was the process) I remember my friend who took the test in 2006 has also participated in the oath ceremony on the same day (1 hour difference)

It seems they are going back to that, which is awesome! Good luck, and please share your experience.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i wish so

Blackbook said:
Hi Palcan,

It seems this is a new process now as I have seen the same information about having the "oath ceremony" on the same day of their test exam. (I remember in the past 2005 and 2006, this was the process) I remember my friend who took the test in 2006 has also participated in the oath ceremony on the same day (1 hour difference)

It seems they are going back to that, which is awesome! Good luck, and please share your experience.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
I had test yesterday in Scarborough and they issues me the Oath letter on spot for Feb 10th. Friend of mine with same timelines appeared for his test last thursday in Mississauga and was given the oath date for yesterday. They are moving fast to finalise the applications....part of it could be to do with elections coming up too.

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Hi WhiteSpace,

I didn't get my book for a long time as well, my test is also on Jan. 30, but decided to start studying online. Not sure if you already got this link from the forum or not but here is a link to different forms of the book, Discover Canada, the only guide you are supposed to study off of:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/

People on this forum have suggested that reading the book a few times and studying online is the way to go. Here are a couple of tests that I use to study my knowledge:

http://v-soul.com/onlinetest/
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

I've also seen that people study via listening to the audio version of the book (also available on the link I provided above to Discover Canada formats).

Good luck!

WhiteSpace said:
Is the test hard ? I still did not read the book and I have a test on January 30.
Any advises to prepare the test ?

Thanks

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May2014 said:
Merry Christmas everyone and a happy new year
I received today a test invitation on jan 12 to take test by mail ... Hamilton office
God is generous and kind to everyone so thank god
Hello!

My office is also Hamilton. I hope you did well in test.

Any update after test? Please let me know!

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
suze_h said:
I personally don't but a friend of mine rescheduled his test as he was away. They gave him a new date after three months. Tough to say though as it would depend on each case.