waived
Passport Req..
Feb. 28th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20th 2012 (in person)
LANDED..........
March 26th 2012
mmeerzah said:
Am I one of the *only* or very few applicants from May 2014 who has heard nothing regarding a test (and is still seeing the Application Received) on the ECAS?
My application was received May 5th, 2014
Processing started Jul 9, 2014

Nothing since. I live in downtown Toronto so I am guessing my office has to be St Clair? Anyone else in the same boat?
It is interesting. We have the exact same dates and locations (May 5th, July 9th, Downtown Toronto). I too have not heard anything yet. The only change was that the received line disappeared. But this happened quite a while ago (more than 1 month).

Let's hope something good will happen in December. And I certainly hope it is not the St. Clair office since I have friends who have been waiting on their oath invite for 4+ months.

sq274

May 28, 2014
I wrote the test today and passed. How long does it take to get the letter for oath? Also, how much of a lead time does CIC give? I am planning to take a vacation during the holidays.

mmeerzah

Nov 23, 2014
ekaramad said:
It is interesting. We have the exact same dates and locations (May 5th, July 9th, Downtown Toronto). I too have not heard anything yet. The only change was that the received line disappeared. But this happened quite a while ago (more than 1 month).

Let's hope something good will happen in December. And I certainly hope it is not the St. Clair office since I have friends who have been waiting on their oath invite for 4+ months.
Actually I called CIC and they said my file was transferred to Scarborough in Oct and they finished background checks 2 weeks ago, not sure what the office is doing now. But you might also be in Scarborough vs St Clair, not sure how much better it is.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
I have taken my test on OCT 30th and CIC said no decision made yet but everything looks good.

no update until now.

I have been noticing that it takes an average of 1.5 to 2 months to receive oath letter. hope to hear good news soon.

sq274

May 28, 2014
Blackbook said:
I have taken my test on OCT 30th and CIC said no decision made yet but everything looks good.

no update until now.

I have been noticing that it takes an average of 1.5 to 2 months to receive oath letter. hope to hear good news soon.
whats your local office ?

Marylulu

Star Member
May 13, 2014
sq274 said:
I wrote the test today and passed. How long does it take to get the letter for oath? Also, how much of a lead time does CIC give? I am planning to take a vacation during the holidays.
I was told that some people got their oath letter after finished their text same day.is it ture?or we need waiting for couple month then can got letter?

revalc

Nov 4, 2010
Took and passed my test this morning. Interview seems to be OK. Officer told me I need to wait for 1-3 months before receiving the oath letter......... Now another round of waiting starts.

P.S.: local office is Mississauga

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
revalc said:
Took and passed my test this morning. Interview seems to be OK. Officer told me I need to wait for 1-3 months before receiving the oath letter......... Now another round of waiting starts.

P.S.: local office is Mississauga
We took the test last Nov 12 and the officer didn't even bother to say what to expect (we didn't ask as well) . I was expecting the oath will be around Jan-Feb but after 2 weeks we received an oath letter. So, hope for the best. Maybe you will be in the last batch for the year :)

Cheers,

P.S. Local office is Mississauga

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did the exam this morning at Mississauga and passed, all went well, CIC officer was friendly and outgoing. I should receive the Oath invite in 4-6 weeks as per officer. The officer had no concerns and said that everything looked good :D

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
brbr Congratulaitons!!!!

I had the same feedback too.. no concern, everything looks good, and it will take around a month to receive an oath letter. in 4 days it will be 1 month for me.

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
brbr Congratulaitons!!!!

I had the same feedback too.. no concern, everything looks good, and it will take around a month to receive an oath letter. in 4 days it will be 1 month for me.
That's awesome Blackbook :) And thank you for the warm wishes :) Hope you get that Oath soon, haha! You're like my canary down the coal mine :p