+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

vvppaa

Nov 8, 2011
Hi everyone,

Do you know why I can not find the excel sheet showing the timelines anymore? Can someone share the link again.

Thanks

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
it was here but then was removed?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

not sure but let me know if this loads and if anyone knows of an updated link?

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
my last update is :
I am still waiting on CIC local office.

Test was done and passed on OCT 30, 2014. today is only NOV 4th, so I hope to hear good news before the end of NOV.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Congrats Blackbook. How was your experience with the interview, if you don't mind sharing?

Blackbook said:
my last update is :

Test was done and passed on OCT 30, 2014. today is only NOV 4th, so I hope to hear good news before the end of NOV.

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
Congrats Blackbook. How was your experience with the interview, if you don't mind sharing?
Dear SenoritaBella,

You are very kind and helpful for all.

I have question I hope you can help me with that.

Did you heard any one received AOR by Email? Because I received email on 27 October from CIC conform that my application was received on 28 August 2014 and I can't login to ecas.

Is that normal?

Thanks,

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
Blackbook said:
my last update is :

Hi Blackbook,

Congrats on the test! Would you mind sharing how tough or easy was it? I have been studying nonstop and paid for the citizenshipsupport.ca practice site but somehow I am a bit worried as it seems like the test now is way tougher than how it used to bee and they said 35% fail. I am doing quite good with the practice tests but there are just too many dates to memorize. Also . I got my notification only 10 days before my exams so .... I am stressed.

Would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Hi Riz

The test was really easy. I also got 12 days notice, and got 20/20z

i highly recommend reading the book at least once and review once more before the test. The online tests are great to help you memorize, but the book gives more insight of the answer which you should know.

The test contains multiple choices and true and false questions. I got 5 true and false questions that were a little harder than the multiple choices and require understanding. That is why you need to read the book

you really don't need to stress out at all. It is really easy that you can even guess the answers. But don't take it lightly and neither too hard. I am sure you will pass and those who failed did not study at all!

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Hi Senorita bella,

The interview was great. The officer was extremely polite, professional and understanding.

Overall the interview took around 5 maybe 7 minutes top. There were 8 officers in total to review all cases for all applicants who took the test on that date.

Most of the questions were regards to travel history, and I did not travel outside of Canada for 5 years+ now. Yes I have been here for 9+ years now. So my file was very easy as i had no stamps on my passport for the last 5 years.

She has also asked if I am married and if my wife and son were Canadian, and they are. The officer told me she has no concerns at all on my file except that she will review my travel history one more time for extra check. The officer told me if travel report came back exactly matching, and I know it will since i never left the country in the last 5 years, I should hear from them within a month.

There is a reason why I did not get my Oath letter on the spot as many did, and I will share that once i get my oath done.

The officer who handed out the test said that many of us will take the oath letter before they leave if the case was simple and straight forward, and I have seen many oath letters were handed out to many applicants. In my case and knowing my file is simple, I had a previous concern that require the officer to run a travel report as my file must have extra review by default! otherwise, I would have gotten it too. Officer told me that she trusts me and that she has no concerns. So I am really hoping this will be done before end of NOV.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks

RizGav28

Oct 16, 2014
Blackbook said:
Hi Riz

The test was really easy. I also got 12 days notice, and got 20/20z

i highly recommend reading the book at least once and review once more before the test. The online tests are great to help you memorize, but the book gives more insight of the answer which you should know.

The test contains multiple choices and true and false questions. I got 5 true and false questions that were a little harder than the multiple choices and require understanding. That is why you need to read the book

you really don't need to stress out at all. It is really easy that you can even guess the answers. But don't take it lightly and neither too hard. I am sure you will pass and those who failed did not study at all!
Thanks Blackbook . You made me feel better already :) I will keep reading the book and taking sample tests .
Congrats again and hope you get to take the oath soon. Would be nice to end the year as a Canadian :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Quite a few people in the June 2014 thread received their AOR by email and they can't login to ecas. You may want to call the CIC helpdesk to get status update. This is what some of them have done. Or you can order your GCMS notes through ATIP request(under Privacy Act - it's free) on CIC website.

Iebo said:
Dear SenoritaBella,

You are very kind and helpful for all.

I have question I hope you can help me with that.

Did you heard any one received AOR by Email? Because I received email on 27 October from CIC conform that my application was received on 28 August 2014 and I can't login to ecas.

Is that normal?

Thanks,

Iebo

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
Quite a few people in the June 2014 thread received their AOR by email and they can't login to ecas. You may want to call the CIC helpdesk to get status update. This is what some of them have done. Or you can order your GCMS notes through ATIP request(under Privacy Act - it's free) on CIC website.
Thanks SenoritaBella,

Can you send to me the link for GCMS ? And how long time take to get GCMS ?

Thanks,

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you want notes about your own application, you can apply online here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp

Generally takes about 30 days - sometimes there is a delay.

Iebo said:
Thanks SenoritaBella,

Can you send to me the link for GCMS ? And how long time take to get GCMS ?

Thanks,

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvppaa said:
Hi everyone,

Do you know why I can not find the excel sheet showing the timelines anymore? Can someone share the link again.

Thanks
Hi

Here is the correct link. The earlier link is no longer working.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

Some people meddling with this excel wrongly. Many of the June applicants show as "Test date" notice received. This needs correction though. But it is the latest link.

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
Hi All,

Today I'd called CIC and the agent told me that my file has been transferred to Mississauga office and is in the local office from Oct 1st.

Thanks
C Lad

K camp

Jul 7, 2014
Update..... 8) :p

Got letter in the mail today to do the citizenship test at Glen Erin Dr mississauga....on the 19th November at 12:45pm... After getting fingerprint requested in September 2014.