+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May/June 2019 Study Permit Tanzania.

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
Has anybody who applied in May/June/July gotten their study permit through Tanzania visa processing Center yet?

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
Could it be that most visa offices are dealing with a large volume of applications thereby leading to slow processing?
:-(

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
did you use the webform to submit an enquiry? the guide for tanzania is 8 weeks

as for whether visa offices are dealing with large volumes of applications well its true but not the main reason for sure

for dont forget that a lot of people from more reputable countries get their permits faster and more often than certain third world countries

what does your application status say when you log into cic?
I sent them a message early last month.
They replied saying my application was still under review at their offices and that they'd let me know as soon as they reached a decision.
But its been over a month since that reply. I'm wondering whether its just my file going through a prolonged review or delay or that's the case with all the applications being processed in Tanzania.

Application status online says:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Its been like that since May.

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
so you mean you already submitted biometrics and medical right?
I submitted my upfront medicals.
We are not required to do biometrics. Only certain designated countries are.

This is from the portal.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I submitted my upfront medicals.
We are not required to do biometrics. Only certain designated countries are.

This is from the portal.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
If you are Tanzanian you need to give biometrics.

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
I'm from Zambia. Our applications are processed in Tanzania. We don't have a Canadian Visa Processing Center in Zambia.
We are not required to do biometrics.

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
I see.
As nonsensical as it sounds, they didn't ask for them even after I wrote them a message to see if they needed any more documents or info.
Oh well, We'll wait and see.
We just follow their instructions.
They say jump , we jump.Its their prerogative.

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
that is absolute nonsense

your portal is showing a very common error

you must give biometrics unless you have given it before. doesnt matter if you are from tanzania or zambia or almost every single country on earth

Hello KirinFrost,

You were right about the biometrics.
They sent me a message that I should pay for the collection of biometric info and submit a receipt.

How does this process work? I've never done it before.

Gbear

Jul 16, 2019
my guess is you have to use the webform

for most of us we have to pay the biometric fee together with application fee before we can submit the application in the first place

idk why is yours different
Yeah,
I have no clue why its different -:(

I will try to send the receipt through the webform.
Thank you.

I hope for the favourable of outcome.