AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
Okay, if one has landed in Canada as a student, can he apply for his wife's SOWP or TRV? how long it takes for either of these two visas?
SOWP can only be applied with inland spousal PR applications as far as I know. There is a general OWP which students can apply after graduating. For TRV, it is independent of whether you are a student or not, basically student permit is not a visa, it is a document which goes along with a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) which is stamped on the person's passport after getting approval.

Regarding how long, nothing is certain these days! Hope it clarifies your doubt.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
SOWP can only be applied with inland spousal PR applications as far as I know. There is a general OWP which students can apply after graduating. For TRV, it is independent of whether you are a student or not, basically student permit is not a visa, it is a document which goes along with a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) which is stamped on the person's passport after getting approval.

Regarding how long, nothing is certain these days! Hope it clarifies your doubt.
so you are saying that either one apply for his wife at the time of applying for study permit, or he can't apply for SOWP after landing in Canada?

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
Hopefully, IRCC clears the application of all students for the May 2021 intake by 20th April. Otherwise, it will be difficult for students to schedule their travel considering a quarantine requirement.

r3f1e

Star Member
Dec 26, 2018
Got approved today...timeline is in signature
Congrats tarun :)
My review of eligibility started on 04/Mar/2021, but no response.
Is it a good/bad sign it Embassy takes more time in giving BVL from the date of Review of eligibility started?

Prabhat Singh

Aug 2, 2019
Hello guys,

My classes are starting from May 17, 2021 and I have booked a flight to Canada on April 9, 2021. Is that okay? Am I going too early? Can someone please help me with this.

Karan64braaap

Jul 6, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Hello guys,

My classes are starting from May 17, 2021 and I have booked a flight to Canada on April 9, 2021. Is that okay? Am I going too early? Can someone please help me with this.
That’s a bit too early mate. Good luck on convincing border officer why you arrived so early in Canada even though all of the studies in Canada are conducted online.

anujcuce

Mar 1, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
so you are saying that either one apply for his wife at the time of applying for study permit, or he can't apply for SOWP after landing in Canada?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extended-2020.html
you can refer to these links to understand better. A sponsor person can only apply for SOWP for their spouse, if there is an existing inland spousal PR application or if the the sponsor is on a valid student permit. I dont know your situation and your spouse's situation so if you could explain that would help me understand it better.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extended-2020.html
you can refer to these links to understand better. A sponsor person can only apply for SOWP for their spouse, if there is an existing inland spousal PR application or if the the sponsor is on a valid student permit. I dont know your situation and your spouse's situation so if you could explain that would help me understand it better.
I am single but I want to marry before I go, so wouldn't be taking my wife with me but will have to apply after I land in Canada.