+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May applications for TRV

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
application refused for my mother in law. officer unsatisfied if she would leave Canada at end of her trip; details being -travel history, purpose of visit and financial assets

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying visa for my parents (in the application where my father is primary applicant CIC has marriage certificate as required document, there is no such certificate with us as marriage happened 40+ years back but both my mother and father have their name included in each other's passport as spouse).

What can be done to get around this here, suggestions anyone?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am applying visa for my parents (in the application where my father is primary applicant CIC has marriage certificate as required document, there is no such certificate with us as marriage happened 40+ years back but both my mother and father have their name included in each other's passport as spouse).

What can be done to get around this here, suggestions anyone?
Their passports stating the spouse names + your birth certificate would be okay

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Their passports stating the spouse names + your birth certificate would be okay
that can be provided, I just asked for a certificate from local magistrate at India (notarized) to prepare a document which would mention they both are married and this will become a legal document then.

JSNS

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
application refused for my mother in law. officer unsatisfied if she would leave Canada at end of her trip; details being -travel history, purpose of visit and financial assets
I believe canada visa is based on luck only they don’t look at papers properly..if you are lucky you will be granted visa with very weak application on the other hand,they refuse strong applications .it all depend on the mood of visa officer. Don’t know what’s going on in their minds

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe canada visa is based on luck only they don’t look at papers properly..if you are lucky you will be granted visa with very weak application on the other hand,they refuse strong applications .it all depend on the mood of visa officer. Don’t know what’s going on in their minds
I am sure officer must have assessed using specified parameters, if he found the application ineligible then I'd respect that decision; will work on making the case strong (I knew before applying the case was weak)

JSNS

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
I am sure officer must have assessed using specified parameters, if he found the application ineligible then I'd respect that decision; will work on making the case strong (I knew before applying the case was weak)
Our case was strong enough to be granted visa still they refuse me and husband nd not updating our son’s status...to make things worse even after refusal they are not dispatching our passports..it’s been 6 days..we have quite strong bank balance with good earning.. ITR matching our bank balance.properties worth millions on our names..cousin invitation letter,parents nd properties as ties to home country.valid uk and Australia visa...still they refuse us on grounds of economic conditions,travel history,economic and family ties

JSNS

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Even o
Our case was strong enough to be granted visa still they refuse me and husband nd not updating our son’s status...to make things worse even after refusal they are not dispatching our passports..it’s been 6 days..we have quite strong bank balance with good earning.. ITR matching our bank balance.properties worth millions on our names..cousin invitation letter,parents nd properties as ties to home country.valid uk and Australia visa...still they refuse us on grounds of economic conditions,travel history,economic and family ties
even our son have enough money in his bank account to fund his own 15 days trip.he also own land on his own name

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Did you include an explanation letter citing all the above. I usually include one or more letters of explanation which addresses specific concerns they might have with respect to:
1. Motivation to return: For example, well paid job (employment letter etc.) and payslips to match, property details etc.
2. Funds: ITR, bank statements
3. Invitation: Being specific about what the plan and itinerary are helps. For example, just mentioning that I am going to visit my cousin sometimes doesnt cut it. But including information like "I havent seen him\her in many years", "We are having a family reunion", "on the occasion of a wedding\birthday" etc. helps

Address them in separate sections of the Letter of Explanation and provide proof for each as part of the explanation itself. I usually include a table with references to page numbers for each proof too.

I agree that different visa officers could use different yardsticks to determine if you are eligible but helping them with information that is readily available is usually for our own benefit. But the yardsticks cannot be very different as they would have to stick to a set of standard guidelines. If the visa was refused, it is more likely that they saw a red flag that is not obvious to us applicants.

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
2 weeks after applying and no reply and i cant link the app... the processing time is 15 days on the website...im thinking it will be refused as im applying for my wife

JSNS

Star Member
Jun 2, 2018
Did you include an explanation letter citing all the above. I usually include one or more letters of explanation which addresses specific concerns they might have with respect to:
1. Motivation to return: For example, well paid job (employment letter etc.) and payslips to match, property details etc.
3. Invitation: Being specific about what the plan and itinerary are helps. For example, just mentioning that I am going to visit my cousin sometimes doesnt cut it. But including information like "I havent seen him\her in many years", "We are having a family reunion", "on the occasion of a wedding\birthday" etc. helps

Address them in separate sections of the Letter of Explanation and provide proof for each as part of the explanation itself. I usually include a table with references to page numbers for each proof too.

I agree that different visa officers could use different yardsticks to determine if you are eligible but helping them with information that is readily available is usually for our own benefit. But the yardsticks cannot be very different as they would have to stick to a set of standard guidelines. If the visa was refused, it is more likely that they saw a red flag that is not obvious to us applicants.

We did Write cover letter mentioning we want to visit our cousin During our son’s summer vacations but haven’t provided day by day travel itinerary..We are planning to reapply leaving our son behind as ties to home country as our parents already have canada TRV till passport expiry maybe that’s the reason visa officer didn’t consider them as ties .this time we are planning to submit letter of explanation as you suggested with day by day itinerary with expenses estimate..But first let’s see when they return our passports..Maybe this time visa officer consider our application worthy of trv approval.
Thanks for your suggestions

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Review Eligibility Start But No response or message About it or neither i got mail i just normally open my cic account & there was a update dont know when they start review my eligibility i saw it on 11 june. Any idea when i will get update ?