+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
It looks NA2 status, passed the IP1 and you are somewhere close to IP2. I am AOR June 23. Med passed on 16th August and my BG was "we are processing..." and was asked to provide travel summary on 31st August and after I submitted on 3rd Sept, my BG became "not applicable". My screen is exactly same as yours, I paid all fees upfront while submitting my application. It is indeed frustrating, the issue is approvals are random, some august AOR applicants received their PPR and some from May, June and July as well, and some are still waiting (like you and I and of course others). Keep your positivism and wait for it. To your question, I really do not know where we are at the moment!!!!!!!!!!
I think If that was NA2, he/she would have had the BOWP approved already.

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I think If that was NA2, he/she would have had the BOWP approved already.
BOWP is a different story, I applied on June 27 for BOWP. They are now working on applications submitted on 07 June 2017. And, on average it takes a max of 78 days to finalize BOPW. In other words, if you apply for BOWP today, they wont open your file today cos they have to work on previous applications, it takes 78 days from the day they actually open your file not 78 days from the day you submit your BOWP. My question is then: will they approve my application with NA2 status? I expect them to open my BOWP application in 3rd week of September, after 21st sept for sureee. He cannot apply BOWP cos he is FSW Outland, only inland applicants can apply for BOWP (its a condition set by the gov't).

Last edited:

kw7601

Mar 4, 2017
Hi guys,

I just got my ppr thur my email an hour ago.
Here's my timeline:
AOR: May 1
Medical Passed: June 9
IP 1: June 9
IP 2: don't know exactly when it changed but when I checked on Aug 31, it was still IP 1. I checked yesterday night (Sep 6), it was changed to IP2
PPR: Sep 7

CEC Outland but currently in Canada as visitor.
Hope you all get your ppr soon!
Thank you for all the help from this forum!

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
PPR email tonight!

CEC Inland (Yeah CEC is back!!)
AOR: May 16
ME & IP1: July 28
NA2: August 2
IP2: September 2
PPR: September 6

To be honest.. my 4 months journey of waiting and tracking this forum has taught me:

1. As much as I hate to say this, but our entire life should not be dependent on this. The golden email will eventually come, so no need to panic in every second of your life. I understand a lot of you need to make plans ahead and cannot do so until the PPR email comes, but checking the portal/tracker many times a day will not expedite it either. Everyone has a unique profile and experiences, and the immigration officer needs to take his or her time to make the best decision - and really, it is however long they want/like to take. So take control of your own time, go enjoy other beautiful things in life, spend time with your families and local friends before you say goodbye and leave for Canada.

2. Someone else in this forum has mentioned this pattern before, and I agree: if you have a LOOONG NA2 (like a month), then expect your IP2 to be short before PPR; if you have a short NA2 (few days), then your IP2 will be longer wait. Either way, you will get your PPR and it will only be a matter of 1-2 months from NA2.

3. Honestly, calling the CIC agent is really not much a help. They cannot expedite the process for us and can only provide VERY VERY general information. Calling them will only increase their work load and our anxiety..so sit back and enjoy a cup of tea, check your online portal occasionally, maybe order the GMCS note (if you want), and give yourself and the CIC agents a break :) TRUST ME, YOUR PPR EMAIL WILL COME, or not.

4. 6 months regular timeline is really a BLESSING for us. Look at my Indian and Chinese friends who are waiting for US green cards... they have like 7-8 years ahead of them upon approval due to the back logs. We are WAY better off here, so maybe try to be grateful?

Keep up the hope guys! Appreciate all for providing so so so so much helpful information.
Congratulations buddy...Wow, that was long...lol but true. Let me tell you something everyone here in this forum knows what you mentioned...but you what the matter of fact is we all are just consoling each other and that boosts a little bit of happiness, encouragement, and self-confidence within us. Trust me at this stage of our application very few or rarely any application will be denied. So all is well and good...anyways thanks for the booster...cheers...:)

Inuktun

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys,

Here's my timeline:
IP 2: don't know exactly when it changed but when I checked on Aug 31, it was still IP 1. I checked yesterday night (Sep 6), it was changed to IP2

Congrats mate....enjoy!

Reactions: kw7601

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hi guys,

Here's my timeline:

congratulations!

Reactions: kw7601

rohan_exp

May 22, 2017
Hello Guys ,

I just got PPR mail. Superexcited!!

Here is my timeline
Stream : CEC Inland
AOR: 23rd May
Medical pass : 1st Aug
Background check : In progress - 1st Aug
Review of document - changed to not needed additional document - 5th Aug.
Got additional document request (travel hist) & review document changed again to we need additional document -18th Aug
Background check : NA - 26th Aug
Background check - IP2 - & Review of additional document changed to not needed additional document. - 7th Sep
PPR - 7th Sep

Thank you all for the great help & wish you all good luck and speedy PPR!!

Last edited:

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Can some one tell me, where am I now?ITA : 3 April
EAPR: 12 may

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

preet12

Sep 7, 2017
Hello All,

Received the PPR mail today. I thought it is just fair to give a heads up to others who might have been a silent follower of this forum like me.
CEC Inland
AOR: 16th May 2017
Medicals: 28th July 2017
PPR: 7th Sep 2017

Not really sure of other dates as mentioned by others like IP1, IP2 etc. (never really kept track so closely to remember those dates).
Thank you all.

kw7601

Mar 4, 2017
Hi guys,

Here's my timeline:

I am in the progress of extending my visitor record in Canada. Do I have to inform IRCC that I got PR? (I understand that they knew that way before I did lol I mean regarding my visitor extendion, do I have to update anything?)
Thanks

Joshjo

Apr 15, 2017
Yipee!
Ready for visa? That's the email I received at 3pm on the 7th sept,2017
That's the golden email I suppose!
May 1 AOR CEC inland-( I think you all should recall me panicking and getting worried at some point in July and @vpkasbek consoled and advised me! Thanks man! I really appreciate
I was 15 days short for the one year required work experience so I doubted my eligibility, but still went ahead and applied- Got AOR May 1st. Two dependants (Spouse not in Canada, and son in Canada)
However, I had PNP in process as well since (NOV 2016)- still in process as I type
No update on CEC until Aug 1, 2017 when I called CIC- medical reviewed, then I called again CIC, few hours later it changed to 'passed'
Then in the last week of Aug, I got a additional docs to be needed(spouse: data page update) and right of PR fee(didn't pay upfront)
A day after additional docs says received, then reviewed and the following day says "updated"
I placed a call to CIC, spoke to agent asking if the additional docs has been received(even when I actually know its currently been reviewed.....lol)
Few hours later I got " Ready for Visa?
I will say calling CIC does work
Each time I call CIC, I get updates on my application status few hours later(I was just lucky...maybe!)
Note that my background check says ....'we are processing your application! It never changed at any point to non-applicable or anything during my entire application process!
If you are not sure where your application is at, I will say Call CIC!!! don't be intimated by the agent who is not willing to share the abundant info they can read on your file, ask specific questions, be very emotional, don't be formal- after all they cant see your beautiful faces...lol. It worked for me
Good luck to you all and thanks so very much everyone.

Aug 20, 2017
Hello All,

Received the PPR mail today. I thought it is just fair to give a heads up to others who might have been a silent follower of this forum like me.
CEC Inland

Not really sure of other dates as mentioned by others like IP1, IP2 etc. (never really kept track so closely to remember those dates).
Thank you all.

Congrats buddy
May I know what was your Noc code under vich applied PR ???

sake4567

Sep 7, 2017
how can I call CIC from outside Canada ? (FSW-O)

I called at (Calling from outside Canada: 1.613.944.4000) , but the agent told me that I cannot get status via phone and told me email (question@cic.gc.ca) regarding express entry.

I am indian citizen, residing in USA currently.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Hello All,

CEC Inland

Thank you all.
Congrats!!!!

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hello All,

CEC Inland

Thank you all.
Congratulations!!!
I have the same timeline but on the day medicals passed (July 28) they also requested my husband's RCMP which we sent on August 9th. I hope this doesn't delay our PR too much and hope to get the ready for visa email soon!