+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

jackappan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
congrats .!!! i am in 110 days since getting aor. CEC inland.
CEC Inland
AOR: May 23
ME & IP1: aug1
NA2: August 2
IP2: aug18

rcmp requested on aug 17and submitted on 18.
no reply since!!!

Last edited:

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
PPR email tonight!

CEC Inland (Yeah CEC is back!!)
AOR: May 16
ME & IP1: July 28
IP2: September 2
PPR: September 6

To be honest.. my 4 months journey of waiting and tracking this forum has taught me:

1. As much as I hate to say this, but our entire life should not be dependent on this. The golden email will eventually come, so no need to panic in every second of your life. I understand a lot of you need to make plans ahead and cannot do so until the PPR email comes, but checking the portal/tracker many times a day will not expedite it either. Everyone has a unique profile and experiences, and the immigration officer needs to take his or her time to make the best decision - and really, it is however long they want/like to take. So take control of your own time, go enjoy other beautiful things in life, spend time with your families and local friends before you say goodbye and leave for Canada.

2. Someone else in this forum has mentioned this pattern before, and I agree: if you have a LOOONG NA2 (like a month), then expect your IP2 to be short before PPR; if you have a short NA2 (few days), then your IP2 will be longer wait. Either way, you will get your PPR and it will only be a matter of 1-2 months from NA2.

3. Honestly, calling the CIC agent is really not much a help. They cannot expedite the process for us and can only provide VERY VERY general information. Calling them will only increase their work load and our anxiety..so sit back and enjoy a cup of tea, check your online portal occasionally, maybe order the GMCS note (if you want), and give yourself and the CIC agents a break :) TRUST ME, YOUR PPR EMAIL WILL COME, or not.

4. 6 months regular timeline is really a BLESSING for us. Look at my Indian and Chinese friends who are waiting for US green cards... they have like 7-8 years ahead of them upon approval due to the back logs. We are WAY better off here, so maybe try to be grateful?

Keep up the hope guys! Appreciate all for providing so so so so much helpful information.
Congratulations!!!!!:) A ray of hope for the other CEC applicants like me!! My timeline is the same as you for AOR and medicals passed but that day they also requested my husband's RCMP. BGC is in progress since then, I've never seen the NA status unless it was so brief that I missed it I hope to hear from them soon!!

Did they contact your employer in Canada to verify the letter of experience?

Last edited:

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
PPR email tonight!

To be honest.. my 4 months journey of waiting and tracking this forum has taught me:

1. As much as I hate to say this, but our entire life should not be dependent on this. The golden email will eventually come, so no need to panic in every second of your life. I understand a lot of you need to make plans ahead and cannot do so until the PPR email comes, but checking the portal/tracker many times a day will not expedite it either. Everyone has a unique profile and experiences, and the immigration officer needs to take his or her time to make the best decision - and really, it is however long they want/like to take. So take control of your own time, go enjoy other beautiful things in life, spend time with your families and local friends before you say goodbye and leave for Canada.

2. Someone else in this forum has mentioned this pattern before, and I agree: if you have a LOOONG NA2 (like a month), then expect your IP2 to be short before PPR; if you have a short NA2 (few days), then your IP2 will be longer wait. Either way, you will get your PPR and it will only be a matter of 1-2 months from NA2.

3. Honestly, calling the CIC agent is really not much a help. They cannot expedite the process for us and can only provide VERY VERY general information. Calling them will only increase their work load and our anxiety..so sit back and enjoy a cup of tea, check your online portal occasionally, maybe order the GMCS note (if you want), and give yourself and the CIC agents a break :) TRUST ME, YOUR PPR EMAIL WILL COME, or not.

4. 6 months regular timeline is really a BLESSING for us. Look at my Indian and Chinese friends who are waiting for US green cards... they have like 7-8 years ahead of them upon approval due to the back logs. We are WAY better off here, so maybe try to be grateful?

Keep up the hope guys! Appreciate all for providing so so so so much helpful information.
Congratulations Mate !!!!

ratman

Sep 5, 2015
PPR email tonight!

congrats!!!! :D

kcc

Mar 21, 2015
Congratulations @Stan283 . Your summary of 4 points are great.

Just a question, you have applied for yourself or also for your spouse (family) ? I am asking because I am also CEC Inland and AOR is 15th May.

PPR email tonight!

sake4567

Sep 7, 2017
  • Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
AOR: 9th May
RPRF : email received on July13th , paid same day
Program: FSW (Outside Canada)
BG is in NA status for long time. Did not receive any email regarding BG started.

can someone help me which stage my application is ?

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
PPR email tonight!

Congrats.....I am CEC-inland, Aor: June 23. My med is approved and its passed on August 16. When I checked my BG status, it was: we are processing...(implies IP2). Then, they asked me travel history on 31 August, and I uploaded the file on 3rd Sept. Since, then my BG is "not applicable". I am confused with this IP2 etc. Is it normal to move from IP2 to Not Applicable. What do you think?

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Anyone of may 6th or with an RCMP request any update?. Its been more than four months in total for me. And last update was rcmp request and submission was on 21st july.

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Congrats.....I am CEC-inland, Aor: June 23. My med is approved and its passed on August 16. When I checked my BG status, it was: we are processing...(implies IP2). Then, they asked me travel history on 31 August, and I uploaded the file on 3rd Sept. Since, then my BG is "not applicable". I am confused with this IP2 etc. Is it normal to move from IP2 to Not Applicable. What do you think?
I think you were in IP1 stage before it changed to NA.

Reactions: angelbird

Kapilbehl116

Aug 28, 2017
Is anyone else in the same situation with me? :(

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

AOR 23 May
FSWO
Oh yes I'm aor 26 May, fswO, medical and ip1 passed... Na since 6 july

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
I think you were in IP1 stage before it changed to NA.
Thank you. Therefore, this wording for IP1 and IP2 is not really ALWAYS representing the stage of application? I applied BOWP and do you think NA status is enough for the approval of my BOWP?

Last edited:

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
  • Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Background check: Not applicable.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
AOR: 9th May
RPRF : email received on July13th , paid same day
Program: FSW (Outside Canada)
BG is in NA status for long time. Did not receive any email regarding BG started.

can someone help me which stage my application is ?
It looks NA2 status, passed the IP1 and you are somewhere close to IP2. I am AOR June 23. Med passed on 16th August and my BG was "we are processing..." and was asked to provide travel summary on 31st August and after I submitted on 3rd Sept, my BG became "not applicable". My screen is exactly same as yours, I paid all fees upfront while submitting my application. It is indeed frustrating, the issue is approvals are random, some august AOR applicants received their PPR and some from May, June and July as well, and some are still waiting (like you and I and of course others). Keep your positivism and wait for it. To your question, I really do not know where we are at the moment!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: mok_kab

angelbird

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
My BG status changed today from "We are processing....." to "Not applicable"
Stream: CEC (Inland)
AOR: 23-May-2017
Medicals Passed/IP1: 2-Aug-2017
NA2: 9-Aug-2017
Can you share your latest timeline please? I went "not applicable" on my BG on 3rd September...June 23 AOR CEC inland applicant here.

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Thank you. Therefore, this wording for IP1 and IP2 is not really ALWAYS representing the stage of application? I applied BOWP and do you think NA status is enough for the approval of my BOWP?
Since the BOWP has not been approved yet, I think they are still working on your R10.