Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
But it shouldn't matter though as I'm applying for BOWP, there should be an option for CEC candidates. I'm answering any question wrong ? I see there is PNP in the list but no CEC or other option that applies to candidates who applied under CEC. This means candidates who are waiting for Passport request under CEC class cannot apply for BOWP ?
For the question:Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? You should answer YES because you received AOR

Sharathsonu

Dec 30, 2016
It worked. Thanks. Now I have two options. Open Work Permit or Work Permit. What do I select ? Also, I do not have a job offer. I currently work fulltime and can this be considered as job offer ?

As I selected below. Do I answer yes or no for this question ? If I answer yes I have Work Permit option. if I answer no, I have Open Work Permit and Work Permit (Extend your stay) options

Do you have a written job offer?

Yes

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
It worked. Thanks. Now I have two options. Open Work Permit or Work Permit. What do I select ? Also, I do not have a job offer. I currently work fulltime and can this be considered as job offer ?

As I selected below. Do I answer yes or no for this question ? If I answer yes I have Work Permit option. if I answer no, I have Open Work Permit and Work Permit (Extend your stay) options

Do you have a written job offer?

Yes

No, having a full time job doesnt mean you have a written job offer.
By a 'written job offer' they mean that your employer received a positive LMIA to hire you, if it was so, then you would have to choose a Work Permit. Here is a bit more in depth about it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29

Since you currently have a PGWP ("open" work permit), you have to say "NO" to "Do you have a written job offer?" and choose Open Work Permit , because it will allow you to continue working for any company like now.

Also, make sure you submit a copy of your AOR when you apply

Last edited:

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
Can anyone tell me is there any chance of updating the cic application status today or tommorow as it is weekend in canada?
I submitted my passport to sgvo on 8th august, still there is no approved status in my cic account

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Can anyone tell me is there any chance of updating the cic application status today or tommorow as it is weekend in canada?
I submitted my passport to sgvo on 8th august, still there is no approved status in my cic account
I've seen people getting updates on their accounts on Saturdays at 3-4 am, but those were mostly ppr emails.
I dont think you will get Approved status until you get your passport sent back to you

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
I've seen people getting updates on their accounts on Saturdays at 3-4 am, but those were mostly ppr emails.
I dont think you will get Approved status until you get your passport sent back to you
I heard approved status is chAnged first then passport is dispatched from VO

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
For the question:Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? You should answer YES because you received AOR
Is this applicable to Primary application only or dependents as well ? E.g. A Dependent in PR application is on Open Work Permit, that is expiring soon and hence needs to extend his open work permit. Please advise

871012wang

May 27, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
IELTS Request
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
Friends !!!! I got PPR email yesterday !! Feels unreal.
Anyway, I have the instructions but i have a question.
Q) The instructions say, print a Copy of this letter (email) when submitted the package(Passport + 2 photographs) to Abu dhabi visa app centre.
Is that all i have to do?

Please advice
This Forum has been very helpful. Thanks in advance !!
Congratulations!
I am in Canada case. I sign the PPR email and finished the last page, Passport, 2 passport photo( stamped and signed name and birth), a Canada Post return mail without address.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Is this applicable to Primary application only or dependents as well ? E.g. A Dependent in PR application is on Open Work Permit, that is expiring soon and hence needs to extend his open work permit. Please advise
Does your dependent include in your PR application? If yes, then you should say yes as well.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Does anyone know how long does it take to get a RPRF request after passing Medical exam and Background in Process?

varungole

Jul 24, 2017
Hello Guys I got my PPR request email on 9 th August. I submitted my passport to Pune VFS in india on 29th August.
I am from FSW outland category.
Can anyone please tell me how much time will new delhi take to return my passport???
Please if anybody can help me!

varungole

Jul 24, 2017
Hi Ashwani!
Can you tell me how long it took for your passport get stamped with visa after submitting your passport to vfs???
Thanks
Hi guys
I just received my visa and copr.
It's valid till 30 April 2018.
Please someone guide me on how to go about it now.
What's the next step and what all documents will I have to show at POE?

Thanks for help.
Ashwani
hesn