IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
CEC Landing Query

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their continuous support & assistance in this forum. I have been following this forum for a while and it has been really helpful to get help in any subjects regarding Canadian immigration.

I am a CEC inland applicant and my AOR is May 21st. I am in NA2 stage at the moment. I am hoping I will get PPR in mid to late September looking at the current progress in CEC category.

I am planning to go to India for a few months once I get my passport back with PR visa stamp. My medical expires in May 2018 so hopefully PR visa will be valid till May, 2018 as well. I want to travel to few countries in Asia and then come back to Canada. And I am a bit confused in landing procedure and PR card arrival. Please see below two options and advise which one is best:

Option – 1

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can do the landing procedure at one of many Port of Entries ( Niagara Falls ) and then leave to India in a week or two. I can give my friend’s address for PR card to be mailed to. He is also going to India in Dec so he can bring my PR card with him. I can then come back to Canada. My return date is flexible so I can wait a bit longer till I get PR card in my hand in India. So upon returning to Canada, will border officials ask me how come I left the country just after landing and without receiving PR card myself? Will it create any issue? In this case, I can come back any time since I will have PR card in my hand. There will not be any limit or expiry date to enter Canada. Please confirm this if someone can.

Option – 2

Once I get PR visa stamp in my passport, I can fly to India in a week without landing. I can then stay in India and visit few countries for few months and then come back to Canada and finish landing procedure before May, 2018. In this case, will it create any issues if I would have visited few countries in Asia and have those additional visa stamps from those countries?

Please give your input. Any advice or help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
@kimi_pat : I think option 2 is best for you. Once you get your PR , fly without doing the landing formalities as you have time to do the landing. come back to Canada and do the landing while you are coming back. This way you don't have to worry about ur PR card being lost and don't have to worry about questions from border security.

Reactions: kimi_pat

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Thanks to everyone here for you're help. Received PPR mail this morning
AOR 19 may
Meds 29 June
BG 1- NA 2 2 June
ADR 26 July
IP2 8 Aug
PPR 19 Aug
Email came at 4.26 am GMT from London
Congrats Jamison, are you CEC or FSW ?

apuba_rcc

Aug 2, 2017
hello everyone,

I am CEC inland applicant, Below is my timeline:

AOR - May 8
Medical passed - Jun 6
Background check - Not applicable - Aug 17 (from 'We will send you a message when we start your background check')

Called CIC today and they said my medical and criminality have been passed, now security check in progress. When I asked about tentative timeline of PPR, they said within Nov!

Can you guys please help when I should expect the PPR?

Thanks in advance!

Miley11

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-17
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
hello everyone,

AOR - May 8
Medical passed - Jun 6
Background check - Not applicable - Aug 17 (from 'We will send you a message when we start your background check')

Called CIC today and they said my medical and criminality have been passed, now security check in progress. When I asked about tentative timeline of PPR, they said within Nov!

Thanks in advance!
What is the difference between criminality and security check? Anyone?

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
hello everyone,

AOR - May 8
Medical passed - Jun 6

Thanks in advance!
I think they just gave you the standard answer , processing within 6 months so before November.

But i think you should get your PPR request by end of August or early September.

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hey buddy,

I think Option 2 is the only possibility. I do not think you will have any problem having your passport stamped from other countries before landing in Canada. In my understanding, Option 1 will not work as once landing is completed travel is restricted to within Canada until the receipt of the PR card.

Hope others can confirm.

Good luck!

Cheers
Hi Varun84,

Thanks for your reply. If I want to go for Option-1, then if my friend can bring my PR card with him while he is travelling to India and then I can come back with PR card to enter Canada. Would that work?

And I read many posts where people have done so. I would not mind going for Option 2 either as I will have time to come back to Canada till May 2018.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers!

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
@kimi_pat : I think option 2 is best for you. Once you get your PR , fly without doing the landing formalities as you have time to do the landing. come back to Canada and do the landing while you are coming back. This way you don't have to worry about ur PR card being lost and don't have to worry about questions from border security.
Hi @Riyas Siraj

Thanks for your input. I wouldnt worry about PR card being lost as my friend will be bringing it with him while travelling to India. The only thing concerns me is Border officer's questions. They may ask me why I left without PR card. But can I apply for PR Travel Document in that case? Or Option 3 would be; to fly to any US airport and cross the border in a rental car as I can enter from land using COPR. I will not need PR card in that case.

Please advise the best suitable option according to you. Thanks again.

Cheers!

SKR1988

May 17, 2016
Hello All,

CEC inland candidate with May 25th AOR. My status updated today with medical passed. Just curious that i recently got one of my bank accounts closed which i showed in my application. I had put in the letter from the bank stating i was a customer with my application then. Is it necessary for me to update that? if it is please let me know how can i do that.

Thanks.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi @Riyas Siraj

Thanks for your input. I wouldnt worry about PR card being lost as my friend will be bringing it with him while travelling to India. The only thing concerns me is Border officer's questions. They may ask me why I left without PR card. But can I apply for PR Travel Document in that case? Or Option 3 would be; to fly to any US airport and cross the border in a rental car as I can enter from land using COPR. I will not need PR card in that case.

Please advise the best suitable option according to you. Thanks again.

Cheers!
why would you want to waste money flying to US airport and rental car and all. As you said, you don't have to worry about landing or border security questions if you decide to do your landing while coming back from your trip. in my opinion , wait for your PPR , get it stamped, go wherever you want , do your landing while coming back.

Reactions: kimi_pat

Rad_111

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-05-2017
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :)

You are very welcome, this is the least i can do for you.

I am extremely happy for you mate! Let me know if you need any further help. I would be happier to be a part of someone's journey to better life.

Thank you @RudraO thats so kind of you.. sure there are many more questions on the way :)

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
why would you want to waste money flying to US airport and rental car and all. As you said, you don't have to worry about landing or border security questions if you decide to do your landing while coming back from your trip. in my opinion , wait for your PPR , get it stamped, go wherever you want , do your landing while coming back.
Hi @Riyas Siraj,

Thanks for your response. If I come back after few months before my PR visa expires and do the landing formalities, I will not have a job then. Will it cause any issue? Or is it better to complete landing formalities while having a current job? Because I may quit the job and do some travel for few months and spend time with my family in India. Please advise. Really appreciated your response.

Cheers!