+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

GraceM

Mar 31, 2017
Hi,
I need to provide additional docs and given one month time period. I will be able to provide one but might need few more days as grace period.
Is it possible if CIC extends this period if I provide valid proof?
And how to ask for grace period thru letter of explanation or cse?

Thanks
Can anybody tell me if I can submit additional doc of dependent's passport after the time period of one month.
I already took the passport appointment before I got additional docs request. However, I couldn't get tatkal appointment at that time so I went for normal one. But now since additional docs request on 19th July is for one month, that is till 19 August, my appointment is only few days before 19th Aug. So I will be left with very few days before passport gets dispatched to my address and send them scan copy of renewed passport of dependent, even though the passport is valid till Jan 2018.

Even I contacted some people (agents) to somehow get tatkal but to no help. And I'm not sure if I will get tatkal once my normal appointment gets cancelled.

Did anybody came across such situation where they had provided the acknowledgement of passport receipt with explanation that scan copy of passport will be sent soon. Or any similar situation.

Any inputs please.

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
My RPRF request letter said:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

<RPRF fee details>

I am currently at NA2. Please check my timeline... Does this mean they completed my checks or they are just starting my checks?

maddy4u123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Glasgow
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
AOR 16 MAY, medical pass 29 June, Still IP1, what could be the problem ?
Are all your documents complete you think?If so, should not be any problem. There are people who directly got RPRF request / PPR without going through IP1/IP2 etc.. So, relax..

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Congratulations PPR guys, but don't forget to update the tracker in between celebrations ;):p:):D

Reactions: hope_faith

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Got PPR in 59 days!!

Stream: FSW-O
CRS: 440

ITA - March 1
AOR - May 26
Medicals Passed - July 5
BG Check IP1 - July 5
BG Check NA - July 6
BG Check IP2 - July 21
PPR - July 24

ExpressEntryStarr

Dec 9, 2016
Hi Everyone, Noticed a few of the other thread participants getting PPRs. Congrats to all the lucky ones!

I got my PPR today (25 July), which is 73 days after e-APR AOR.

The issue is that I have 30 days to submit the passport but I have a trip planned for which I leave my country of residence on 4 Aug, i.e. in 9 days from now, and I am not back in my country of residence until 10 Sep, which is after the 30 day PPR window. The visa office assigned to me can take up to 4 weeks for returning the passport, so its a risk that I won't get the passport back in time to travel from my trip.

Does CIC provide extensions on PPRs? Has anybody on this thread experienced this and what was their response?

The PPR email has an email address to notify if the 30 day period can't be met, but not sure if they are responsive / flexible.

Joshjo

Apr 15, 2017
ere is this application? Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibilit : We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics :We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress: We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CEC: May 1st AOR
Can somebody pls tell me the status of my application going by the details above!
Am super worried!!!

Apr 5, 2017
@In_Need_Of_Silver_Lining bro my BGC updated to IP2 today. What about you?
Got updated to IP2 today as well (28 Days Later.) It's been like a movie all the way through. I have been in IP1 for 28 Days. I have been tempted to send an email to cic on several occasions, but I decided against it. I was given the time frame of six months, so this has been an exercise in patience and faith. The silver lining is indeed visible now. I hope that everyone will / can exercise restraint and patience henceforth. It is a very time-consuming and tedious process. There are many things taking place behind the scenes that we can't / refuse to understand. Relax, breathe, be patient and don't lose faith. The magical email will come when you / we least expect it.
FSW-O
AOR-May 10th
Meds passed- June 26th
IP1/NA-June 26th
IP2-July 24th
Faith, Hope, Patience - Since Day One...

manpindersingh

Jul 10, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Got updated to IP2 today as well (28 Days Later.) It's been like a movie all the way through. I have been in IP1 for 28 Days. I have been tempted to send an email to cic on several occasions, but I decided against it. I was given the time frame of six months, so this has been an exercise in patience and faith. The silver lining is indeed visible now. I hope that everyone will / can exercise restraint and patience henceforth. It is a very time-consuming and tedious process. There are many things taking place behind the scenes that we can't / refuse to understand. Relax, breathe, be patient and don't lose faith. The magical email will come when you / we least expect it.
FSW-O
AOR-May 10th
Meds passed- June 26th
IP1/NA-June 26th
IP2-July 24th
Faith, Hope, Patience - Since Day One...
Well said bro and we really need a splurge of blessings lol :) I sent an email to CIC asking about my Visa Office on 21st July and got a reply from them on 24th that CPC Ottawa is processing case. I don't know whether my email triggered my IP2 or Is it a coincidence that It changed exactly after 2 weeks since I paid my RPRF.
Hope, Faith, Patience is surely the thing.

FSW-O
AOR: 13-May-2017
Medicals Passed: 28-June-2017
BGC: NA1 to IP1 on 28-June-2017
IP1 to NA3 on 28-June-2017
RPRF requested and paid: 11-July-2017
BGC: NA2 to IP2 on 25-July-2017

zhaff2004

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@zhaff2004 have you got your passport back?
Hi,

I wish mate... I contacted them yesterday about it, they told me that it can take anywhere from 5-20 working days. Yesterday was the 5th working day since the passport arrived at the embassy, so hopefully this get approved and sent back soon so that I can start making concrete travel plans.